Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LMP will bring roots-rock sound to Old National Centre

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Admin
Admin
Scarlet Admin

LMP will bring roots-rock sound to Old National Centre Empty
PostSubject: LMP will bring roots-rock sound to Old National Centre   LMP will bring roots-rock sound to Old National Centre EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:16 pm

WRITTEN BY DAVID LINDQUIST | INDYSTAR.

Lisa Marie Presley dabbled in mainstream pop on 2005 album "Now What," but she has returned with a roots-rock sound more akin to Cowboy Junkies than Christina Aguilera.

"It seems more natural," Presley said during a phone interview. "I'm not over-doing things or over-singing to try to prove something. I'm simply following a melody."

The 44-year-old daughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley will promote new album "Storm and Grace" with a June 21 performance at Deluxe in Old National Centre.

She lived as a youngster at Graceland in Memphis, Tenn., but she didn't visit another historic Memphis site -- Sun Studio -- until this year. A May episode of TV's "Good Morning America" featured Presley singing current single "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" at Sun.

"I was pretty blown away by everything," Presley said.

She said she briefly stood on the "X" that's taped on the floor at Sun. The mark designates where her father stood when recording "That's All Right" and "Baby Let's Play House" in the 1950s. Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins also made monster hits at Sun.

"I was intimidated, to be honest," she said. "I thought, 'Wow, this is an incredible place to be performing, regardless of any history or lineage that I have.' "

T-Bone Burnett, known for his work with Alison Krauss and John Mellencamp, produced "Storm and Grace."

Michael Lockwood (Presley's fourth husband, following Danny Keough, Michael Jackson and Nicolas Cage) plays guitar and serves as music director for Presley's backing band.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://lisamarieandmichael.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1