Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lisa Marie Presley: My heart went out to the princes after Diana death

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

Lisa Marie Presley: My heart went out to the princes after Diana death Empty
PostSubject: Lisa Marie Presley: My heart went out to the princes after Diana death   Lisa Marie Presley: My heart went out to the princes after Diana death EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:10 am

Lisa Marie Presley could relate to Britain's Princes William and Harry when their mother died.

The singer/songwriter was only nine when her father, the legendary Elvis, passed away and when Princess Diana was killed in a car crash in 1997, her heart went out to the royal's sons because she knew what they were going through.
She said: 'I certainly didn't deal with dad's death when it happened. The real grief came much later. I remember watching Lady Diana's funeral and William and Harry walking behind her coffin. I was lying on the floor and I just cried and cried. Watching her sons deal with grief in such a public way felt very similar to what I'd gone through.'
Lisa Marie, 44, says she found her dad's death in 1977 very confusing because of the media attention surrounding it.
Lisa Marie - whose mother is Elvis' ex-wife Priscilla - told The Sunday Times Magazine: 'I was nine years old and at Graceland when it happened and initially I found it very confusing. I had my own grief, but I was also watching this worldwide grief. People were being taken to hospital because they were so upset. It was surreal. Mom was worried about me so she took me to Europe for a month, away from all the press and all the stories.'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lisa Marie Presley: My heart went out to the princes after Diana death
Page 1 of 1