Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ross

Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White Empty
PostSubject: Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White   Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:55 am

Elvis who? Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White

Her ex-husband was one of the biggest musicians to ever take to the stage.
But stepping out of her late lover's shadow, Priscilla Presley made her pantomime debut at London’s New Wimbledon Theatre on Friday.
Taking on the role of the Wicked Queen in Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Priscilla, 67, proved to be a natural under the spotlight.

Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White Article-2245337-166C5073000005DC-302_634x780

Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White Article-2245337-166C50CD000005DC-446_634x481

Presley looked positively evil in her costume, which she described as 'sensational' on the opening night of the show.
Wearing a bejeweled horned headpiece with a floor length gown which braved a thigh high split, the actress commanded the audience's attention.

Throughout the performance, Priscilla remained animated as she let her quest to be the fairest of them all push her to pursue her step-daughter Snow White.
Sitting at her colourful throne, Presley kept all her co-stars in check as her evil reign had the crowd in fits of laughter.
Wrapping up the first show, Priscilla beamed as she received loud cheers while taking her bow during the curtain call.

Speaking about her pantomime debut, Priscilla admitted: ‘I’m really nervous about it but also really excited too. She’s a very vain queen, so I get to make fun of beauty and vanity.
'I haven’t seen a pantomime before, but I’ve done my homework and I know how popular they are. I thought it would be a small theatre, but when I went to London for a costume fitting and found it seated 1,700 people I thought, “Oh my God – what have I done?”
'But I’ve always wanted to do a play and I liked the idea that this was all about family. My daughter will be there and I thought about her little ones when I agreed to do this because they’re crazy about Snow White.’

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White   Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:59 am

'Baddies are so much more fun to play': Priscilla Presley relishes Snow White panto role but admits she didn't understand the script

Priscilla Presley is as good as rock and roll royalty, so it is apt the she gets to play a queen.
However, despite hugely looking forward to treading the boards in Snow White, she admits that she didn't get the jokes at first.
Priscilla, 67, will star as the Wicked Queen in her first ever pantomime role, but has had to rely on her co-stars to explain the script to her.

Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White Article-2243433-1662B21E000005DC-388_634x894

Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White Article-2243433-1662B189000005DC-11_634x1016

Speaking to the Telegraph newspaper, she said: 'In all honesty, I really didn't understand the script when I first read it.

'One of my lines is: 'Go ahead and boo. Boo all you like’, and I thought, 'Should I be coaxing people to boo at me?'
Although she has experience of acting in both comic and straight roles, the panto arena is something she has never done before because it doesn't exist in America.

She is also relishing the opportunity to play the Wicked Queen as she finds mean roles juicer to execute.
She told the newspaper: 'Baddies are always so much more fun to play than goodies. My Wicked Queen will be mean and witty, and really full of herself.'
Performing 12 shows per week will be quite a strain on Presley but her long stay in the capital is also something she is grateful for

Whilst in London she has been brushing up on British culture and history by visiting museums and art galleries in her time off.

Her daughter Lisa Marie Presley also lives nearby in East Sussex with her four children, so Priscilla will make the most of her time with them.
The actress will star next to Warwick Davis and Jarred Christmas in the show that starts its run on December 7.

She follows in the footsteps of Dame Edna and David Hasselhoff, who also appeared at the theatre in previous pantomimes.

wildchic

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White   Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 am

Priscilla Presley to star in Snow White pantomime
London , Sun, 09 Dec 2012ANI

London, Dec 9 (ANI): Elvis Presley's widow Priscilla is about to embark on her most daunting challenge to date - starring in her first ever pantomime at London's New Wimbledon Theatre opposite 'Life's Too Short' star Warwick Davis.

As the Wicked Queen in 'Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs,' Priscilla will have to don a thigh-baring costume and withstand the boos and hisses of the crowd on a nightly basis.
"I'm really nervous about it, but also really excited too. She's a very vain queen, so I get to make fun of beauty and vanity," the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.

"I haven't seen a pantomime before, but I've done my homework and I know how popular they are. I thought it would be a small theatre, but when I went to London for a costume fitting and found it seated 1,700 people I thought, 'Oh my God - what have I done?'
"But I've always wanted to do a play and I liked the idea that this was all about family. My daughter will be there and I thought about her little ones when I agreed to do this because they're crazy about Snow White," she added. (ANI)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White   Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White Empty

Back to top Go down

Priscilla Presley makes wicked debut as evil pantomime queen in Snow White
Page 1 of 1