Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Admin
Admin
Scarlet Admin

Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology  Empty
PostSubject: Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology    Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology  EmptyMon May 14, 2012 7:28 am

Last month, we noted that Lisa Marie Presley's single "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet," which she released ahead of her new album, Storm and Grace, came with lyrics that read like a kiss-off to the Church of Scientology, even using some of Scientology's jargon -- like the very telling word suppressive. (For several years there have been rumors that Presley was disillusioned with the church.)

This week, the rest of the album comes out, and we got our hands on the lyrics to the rest of the tracks. After you read the words to the song "So Long" we have a feeling you'll agree with us that there's no longer any doubt how Presley, 44, feels about Scientology.

We managed to find a partial video of the song, which you can see above, but it doesn't contain the crucial opening verse. Here are the lyrics of the song in their entirety, as they were supplied to the Voice by Presley's label (Presley has previously indicated that she wrote the lyrics to all songs on the album, with some help from others)...

So Long

This here is a city without lights
Those are all the people without eyes
Churches, they don't have a soul
Soup for sale without a bowl
Religion so corrupt and running lives
Farewell, fair weathered friends
I can't say I'll miss you in the end

Chorus:
So long, seems that I was so wrong
Seems I wasn't that strong
Dead wrong, and now I'm long gone
Wrong side, I've been sleeping on the wrong side
Stains all over my soul I can't hide
Nothing's more clear than goodbye

These roads they don't lead to anything
These people they talk, they say nothing
Actors who don't have a part
Heartfelt people with no heart
I'll find a new crowd
Make a new start

(Chorus)

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, say nothing at all if you've nothing nice to say

Wow.

We've made multiple requests to Presley's publicist for an interview with the singer. This week she begins a push for the new album, including appearances on Good Morning America on Tuesday. She'll show up on American Idol Thursday night, and on Jay Leno and Jimmy Kimmel's shows the next week. What are the chances that one of them will actually ask her about these lyrics?

We turned once again to Jefferson Hawkins for his thoughts on the song. Hawkins was once responsible for selling Scientology to the masses, and knows a thing or two about media messages. He left the church in 2005 and wrote a book about his experiences. He's especially good at describing what Scientologists go through when they leave the church.

"Wow, that kind of says it all, doesn't it?" he said when I first showed him the lyrics. Then he sent this lengthier assessment:

I think it expresses how a lot of people feel when they leave Scientology -- they have realized that it is a corrupt church, and is trying to control its members, micromanage their lives. They realize that it is a church without a soul. That is, it tries to present itself as a religion but has no compassion or tolerance or real care for people -- it's just all about money and control. I like the lyric "heartfelt people with no heart." Scientologists are so seemingly sincere and earnest, but the bottom line is they just don't care about their members or anyone else. They have no heart. It's an empty shell, and I think more and more members are coming to that same conclusion.

I also called up Jason Beghe, the Californication actor who became well known for very vocally defecting from Scientology in 2008. While he was still in the church, he was a favorite at the Hollywood Celebrity Centre, and he knew other famous Scientologists -- such as Presley and Kirstie Alley -- very well.

He too said there is little question, looking at Presley's lyrics, that she is making a public disavowal of the church.

"The honesty and the passion are clear, and it seems as though she's woken up," he says.

"It's what I would expect, having spent time with her," he goes on to explain. "Some people, when they leave Scientology, get very sad. Some get scared. But some, like me and apparently like Lisa, get fucking pissed. It has the same tone as my own thing, when I said publicly, show me a motherfucking 'Clear'."

Beghe is referring to one of Scientology's bedrock principles, that if you engage in the arcane and increasingly expensive rituals of church founder L. Ron Hubbard's "technology," you will eventually unburden your mind of distracting clutter and go "clear" -- and become somewhat superhuman. Scientologists spend years, and increasingly expensive rates, chasing the state of clear (and beyond), telling each other that just one more level, one more training routine, will get them to superhuman status. It never comes, and eventually, longtime members tend to drop out from sheer exhaustion. Beghe says Presley has obviously reached that point. (Records show she was attested "clear" by Scientology in 1980, when she was only 12 years old.)

"My heart goes out to her. It's not an easy moment. But it seems that she's seized control of it and used it artistically. I think that's the strongest artistic communication I've heard her make," he says.

"Coming out of Scientology has freed me up, artistically," he adds, and his career does seem to have benefited from his decision to defect in 2008. He's now a regular on Californication and is just wrapping up his involvement in an Ayn Rand movie. When I interviewed Beghe after he first went public with his defection, he really wasn't sure how it would affect his career.

"You put a clamp on your soul and it affects everything," he says, explaining that it isn't easy to break out of that confinement.

"It takes guts, it takes courage. Lisa was in forever, since she was a little kitten. I don't know where her mother's at, but I'm moved, frankly."

When I asked Beghe if he thought Presley would take another step and speak publicly about her decision, he said it might not happen.

"Everybody's got their own process. But it seems to me that at least she's found a way to express herself that's penetrating, to say the least," he says.

Like Hawkins, Beghe says he was struck by the line, "Heartfelt people with no heart."

"These people in the church are decent people. And the fact is, their hearts have been taken out of them. That's how I read that. They're heartfelt, but it's not their fucking heart," he says.

I also pointed out a line that, to me, seems an obvious slap to the church: "Nothing's more clear than goodbye."

Beghe explained that many longtime Scientologists are being driven away from the church because of the way current leader David Miscavige has tinkered with L. Ron Hubbard's "technology" -- at one point telling advanced, longtime members that they would have to redo expensive levels of training and, essentially, go "clear" all over again. It made no sense to Beghe, he tells me, and started him on the road to breaking free. Many other veteran members now coming out of the church make the same complaint.

"A lot of people are waking up because of that thing," Beghe says. And then he added something that really surprised me.

"I also think Kirstie has one foot out the door. And Kirstie and Lisa are two hearts with one beat. They're close. They're good friends," he says.

We'll be paying attention as Lisa gives interviews this week. Will a reporter please ask her about these lyrics?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://lisamarieandmichael.forumotion.com
lmpbigfan

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology    Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 4:59 am

Lisa Marie Presley Removes All Mention of Scientology From Her Official Website (UPDATED)

After the jump: Less than 30 minutes after we pointed out one last CCHR mention on her website, Lisa Marie scrubbed it!

Yesterday, the Voice revealed the lyrics to the song "So Long" on Lisa Marie Presley's new album, Storm and Grace, which seem to confirm what she was saying in her advance single, "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet" -- that Lisa Marie has very much "blown" the Church of Scientology.

Some of our readers, however, noted yesterday that there were still links all over Lisa Marie's official website to Scientology entities, such as the notorious anti-psychiatry front group, Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR). As of this morning, those links are gone, and if you try to go to a gallery of Lisa Marie at a CCHR event which previously appeared on her site, you get the screen above.

Tomorrow, Presley's album officially comes out, and she's going on a major publicity push that will have her at Good Morning America and American Idol this week.

We doubt that the entertainment "reporters" that she'll run into will ask her about this stuff, but just in case they have the temerity to, here's what they might bring up with her.

The lyrics to her single, "You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet"...

You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet
Lay down the law, don't make a sound
Just critical, just going down
I don't belong, I've lost the plot
Not gullible, can't be what I'm not

You can think that I'm evil and I'm off the rails
You ain't seen nothin' yet

If I don't get with your system then I'm sure to fail
Well you ain't seen nothin' yet

Lay down the truth, don't make a sound
Just a piece of fruit who's hit the ground
I don't respond, I've lost the plot
Unethical, not what I thought

I'm a bit transgressive and suppressive as well

Am I a disruption to your corruption?

No longer elated, now you're frustrated

I'm a bit transgressive and suppressive as well

As we explained last month, no Scientologist in good standing would ever describe themselves as "a bit suppressive." (See our previous post to understand why.)

We then obtained the lyrics to the rest of Lisa Marie's album Storm and Grace from her label, and wrote that after looking at the lyrics of the song "So Long," there's really little doubt that she's walking away from the church...

So Long

Chorus:

I'll find a new crowd
Make a new start

(Chorus)

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, say nothing at all if you've nothing nice to say

In yesterday's post, former Scientologists Jefferson Hawkins and Jason Beghe explained how clear the message in this song is to other people who have left the church.

After our story yesterday, reader Paul Jay Salerno asked, if she's left the church, why are there still links to Scientology all over her official website?

I answered to Paul that perhaps she hadn't seen the site in a while -- a common thing for celebrities.

Then, this morning, I noticed that Scientology was completely wiped from her website.

Well, that's very interesting.

I want to give a quick thanks to Celebitchy, who credited us for breaking news of the "So Long" lyrics. Perez Hilton, on the other hand, just swiped them from us without even giving us a link. (And yes, I know he took them from us, because I made a couple of small grammatical corrections to the lyrics which the label sent me, and the corrections are in Hilton's post.)

UPDATE: It looks like there is at least one mention of CCHR still on her website. Salerno had pointed out that CCHR links were all over the place on the website just yesterday, and they seem to be gone. But in her "Overview" page, there is still one CCHR mention, as Jim Little pointed out to me. She refers to CCHR as one of several groups she works with in her philanthropic efforts. But any mention of CCHR (or other Scientology entities) has disappeared from her "philanthropy" page itself.

SECOND UPDATE: SHE'S NOW SCRUBBED CCHR FROM THE "OVERVIEW" PAGE! Less than a half hour after we noted that there was one last CCHR mention on her website, Lisa Marie (or her web master, obviously) removed it from the page! I guess someone is looking at our stories, eh?

Um, wow.

AND NOW IT'S BACK. Wow, this Overview page is really getting a workout. She's also restored CCHR to the Philanthropy page -- which was not there just a couple of minutes ago, as well as a CCHR page of its own. (Someone must have got a call from OSA!)

Back to top Go down
lmpbigfan

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology    Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:05 am

Singer Faces Off With Her Church
SOLVED!

BlindGossip – This singer with a famous name has finally left the Church of $cientology. She is so disenchanted with the organization that she posted a series of YouTube videos under an assumed name detailing her grievances with the cult. The Church’s Office of Special Affairs (OSA), which polices the internet for “Suppressives”, managed to shut down her YouTube channel twice, but it has recently been successively reposted.

SOLVED!

It’s Lisa Marie Presley! Source: BlindGossip

Of course when someone leaves the Church of $cientology, there is no press release. So when Lisa Marie decided she had had enough, she simply left.

In fact, she has been working her way out of the organization for the past three years. It was an arduous process, and she suffered a lot during it, including relapses with substance abuse, and many fights with her mother (Priscilla Presley, who is still a member of CO$).

The reason that the discussion of these events may become public this week is because she is releasing a new album, and the lyrics of more than one song describe that difficult process. We do not know if interviewers will latch on to the significance of the lyrics, but if they do, it will certainly be interesting to see how they handle the subject!

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology    Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology  EmptyTue May 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Lisa Marie Presley's Newest Single SLAMS Scientology

Much like You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet, Lisa Marie Presley's 5th track on the album Storm & Grace is sultry and moody in the best way possible. After listening to the lyrics to So Long though, it's pretty clear that she's waving goodbye to her former religion.
Although she's been a faithful member of L. Ron Hubbard's Church of Scientology since her childhood, she's moving on and is telling us all why one verse at a time.
Check out a snippet of So Long (above) from her newest album, which drops on May 15th, and read the lyrics she wrote to say "farewell" to the churches that "don't have a soul" … AFTER THE JUMP!
So Long
Chorus:
I'll find a new crowd
Make a new start
(Chorus)

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology    Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology  EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Did Lisa Marie Presley leave the Church of Scientology?
MAY, 21, 2012 | AUTHOR: STARCASM STAFF | RELATED : LISA MARIE PRESLEY, RELIGION

Lisa Marie Presley, pictured last night at the 2012 Billboard awards, is not openly talking about her rumored split with the controversial religion Scientology, but she’s leaving the world a lot of clues.
First of all, there were rumors on an ex-Scientologist forum in 2009 saying that Lisa Marie had left the church. Part of their reasoning was that she took her written defense of Scientology off of her MySpace.
She has also taken all mention of Scientology off of her official website, recently talked about leaving behind “vampires” in her life, and written a thinly veiled song “So Long” that many believe is about leaving the religion.
She told The Insier in early May about why she and her family moved from L.A. to a small town in England in 2010:

“It was not a good situation. There were a lot of people I trusted, a lot of friends, that ended up being sort of criminals, and vampires, and you name it. I was kind of living in a wasp’s nest I suppose. And then I got rid of it all, and then I had the babies. It was just a kind of rediscovering of my life.”

Lyrics to “So Long”

Churches, they don’t have a soul
I can’t say I’ll miss you in the end
Chorus:
Seems I wasn’t that strong
Dead wrong, and now I’m long gone
Wrong side, I’ve been sleeping on the wrong side
Stains all over my soul I can’t hide
Nothing’s more clear than goodbye
These roads they don’t lead to anything
Actors who don’t have a part
I’ll find a new crowd
Make a new start
I can’t say I’ll miss you in the end
(Chorus)

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, say nothing at all if you’ve nothing nice to say

PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology    Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology  Empty

Back to top Go down

Lisa Marie Presley Says "So Long" to Scientology
Page 1 of 1