Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist Empty
PostSubject: CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist   CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 7:03 am

133: Vindication Day Special With Carol LaMere
June 12 2021

Carol LaMere joins hosts Jamon Bull and Charles Thomson for a special interview as part of the team’s series of Vindication Day episodes, which recognize Michael Jackson’s acquittal from false child molestation allegations on June 13th, 2005.

In this discussion, A-list hair stylist Carol LaMere reveals how she was hired by Michael Jackson after his Pepsi burn, to help create unnoticeable hairpieces that covered his injuries. Jackson’s fear of people finding out he required the hairpieces meant Carol became a secret member of his entourage, travelling separately from everyone else and staying in different locations. The job saw her travel the world with Michael and work on video shoots like “Black or White”, “Remember The Time” and “In The Closet”.

LaMere soon became a regular visitor at Neverland. She witnessed and became involved in – and was ultimately a recipient of – Michael Jackson’s philanthropic work with sick children and their families.

LaMere’s presence in Jackson’s world made her a first-hand witness to behind-the-scenes goings-on in both the Jordan Chandler case and the Gavin Arvizo case. She knew the Arvizos so well that Gavin’s sister used to stay in her house – a relationship which saw her added to the defense witness list. She provided bombshell testimony in two investigation reports.

After the trial, LaMere travelled with Jackson to the Middle East, England and Ireland – a period about which she shares her sometimes sad and shocking memories. She also shares her thoughts on Jackson’s death, and recounts their final conversation around two weeks earlier.

In this fascinating and powerful deep-dive chat, LaMere also speaks frankly about friction in Jackson’s camp, Jackson’s love of practical jokes, and how she is still mourning his death 12 years later.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For all episodes
Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist   CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 am

Old Carol Lamere's  reports/notes

“I feel bad I have to auction some of my memories”

You might not know Carol LaMere, Carol was one of Michael’s hair stylists for many years and was responsible keeping Michael’s hair looking familiar and unique.

We met Carol during the Interview we conducted with her for Iconic Magazine #22 and stayed in touch so it was no surprise to receive a call from Carol a few months ago asking for advise regarding a very personal issue and the impact it might have on the fans.

The story is complex and personal but Carol opened up – she has a very sick daughter and is trying her best to pay the bills. Unfortunately Carol came to a stage where she has no choice but to separate herself of some items Michael gave her (to work with or as gifts).

As you can imagine, Carol is very caring and she was obviously very worried to upset fans by auctioning her items with Julien’s so she wanted you all to know why…

I STARTED WORKING WITH MICHAEL JACKSON JUST BEFORE HE DID BLACK AND WHITE VIDEO. I GREW TO LOVE WORKING WITH MICHAEL. ONE OF THE MOST GENUINE PEOPLE I HAVE EVER WORKED WITH. I WAS PROBABLY HIS BEST KEPT SECRET AS WE SPENT SO MUCH TIME TOGETHER. I FEEL BAD I HAVE TO AUCTION SOME OF MY MEMORIES, BUT I HAVE A SICK DAUGHTER WHO NOW STRUGGLES TO MAKE ENDS MEET AND I HELP HER. IT HAS GOTTEN TOUGH FOR US. MICHAEL WOULD NOT BE UPSET I AM AUCTIONING SOME OF MY MEMORIES OF HIM, NOT IN THE LEAST BIT. THERE IS A STORY BEHIND ALMOST EVERYTHING I AM AUCTIONING. SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND. SINCERELY CAROL LAMERE.

We promised her to pass on the message to you guys as we feel it is important we all know why and how those items came to Julien’s Auctions.

One of the items you will see is a MICHAEL JACKSON BUST CREATED BY STAN WINSTON. This item was made especially for Carol to work on Michael’s hair pieces while he was not present. This Bust is clearly from the mould that Stan did for the movie GHOSTS. Many famous Michael hair styles have been created on this bust.

Another item is a long black hairpiece worn by Michael Jackson at the World Music Awards in London on November 15, 2006, when he performed “We Are the World” and received the Diamond Award.

Carol recalls “It was pouring down rain at the time. It was amazing how his fans stood there in the rain.”

Other items were given to Carol as presents for herself or her kids like a Fedora that was worn by Michael. Carol told us Michael came to do his hair one day with the hat on and then signed it and gave it to her son.

Another item is a framed art print of Michael Jackson signed and inscribed in silver marker “To Carol LaMere The Conquerer Michael Jackson.”

You can find all Carol’s items in Julien’s Auctions website below:

Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist   CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 7:18 am

Carol LaMere remembered styling Michael Jackson

December 3, 2015

Carol LaMere is a beauty. Half Russian, half Native American, her hazel eyes, raven hair and high cheekbones make for a lethal, and a little intimidating, combination. With her captivating looks comes an equally captivating history. Known as the “Pioneer of Hair Extensions,” and affectionately known as “The Carol,” LaMere has worked with an array of major celebrities, from Michael and Janet Jackson, to Cher and Courtney Love. We recently got a glimpse into The Carol’s fascinating star-studded career, featuring portraits by her son, Nikko LaMere.

Here part of the interview done for Bullett Media regarding her time with Michael Jackson:

You worked with Michael Jackson and the Jackson family extensively. What is your favorite memory of Michael?

(She quiets)

“I have a lot of memories of him—a lot of great memories. He was a prankster and I’ve always been kind of like that. I realize now maybe it wasn’t very nice. One of my best memories of Michael […] he was such a prankster. Michael would rig a door, and when somebody would come in, you know someone from the record company or someone real conservative like that, a bucket of water would just fall on their heads.

I remember once Michael called in the middle of the night and he asked if he could come over and pretended he wanted his hair shampooed. He didn’t really want his hair shampooed, he just wanted to talk. Sometimes he just wanted to talk. He was that kind of person.

Oh and in the ‘Black or White’ video, those curls you see in his face—those were mine.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist   CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist Empty

Back to top Go down

CAROL LAMERE MJ's hair stylist
Page 1 of 1