Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

John Isaac talks about Michael

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

John Isaac talks about  Michael Empty
PostSubject: John Isaac talks about Michael   John Isaac talks about  Michael EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:29 am

"BE MY EYES AND SHOW ME EVERYTHING THAT I CANNOT SEE"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Q : The first time you saw Michael:

One day I received a phone call. The voice said: "You are John Isaac?" I said, "Yes" and asked who he was. The voice said: "Michael." I said "Michael," The voice said: "Michael Jackson . " I said, "Who" and hung up. A few seconds later the phone rang again, and Bob Jones was wondering why I had hung up the phone to Michael Jackson! I replied: "It was he really?" and handed the phone to Michael. He said he was a fan of my photographs. He bought a poster I created for UNICEF,on which appeared many children because he loved the pictures and wanted to meet me. He asked if I could go to Neverland and sign the poster. I said I could sign one and send it to New York, but he insisted that I go to Los Angeles. Three days later, they came to the Big Apple to film "They Do not Care About Us" (prison version) and he invited me and my wife Jeannette to go see the movie. So we went and we met. The next day he asked me to spend the afternoon with him at his hotel in Manhattan and taught my photographic work.

Q: What is the best advice he gave you?

He once told me that I had a knack for photography and should continue to use it to help children around the world and to help the same cause. He knew how much I care about children. I took him to Brazil when they were finishing the video "They Do not Care About Us", and he said something I'll never forget ". John, be my eyes and show me everything that I cannot see " I was so excited that I made photos of children in the slums of Rio de Janeiro and Salvador, while they were filming. I travelled in his private plane to Brazil, it was my first trip with him. Michael always supported me, he was aware of my provenance. One day he said we both came round to different places and that is why we both love children. (John Isaac was born in India and spent 20 years working as a photographer of the United Nations, covering countries such as Vietnam, Rwanda, Sarajevo ...).

Q: You've been to Neverland to take family photos of the first son of Prince Michael and Debbie Rowe. Please tell us more about this experience.

Debbie was not in Neverland it was just Prince and Michael and I took pictures of father and son. I took the pictures with Debbie at a hotel in Los Angeles. I've been twice to Neverland. I drove an electric cart around the farm, saw movies in the theater, climbed on the train. I felt like a kid when I was there! One afternoon we saw a movie together. I was in the suite of Liz Taylor. Michael was very philosophical, often talked about philosophy and life. He asked me to tell him things about the children I had photographed around the world. When I worked for the United Nations, many stories of pain and suffering of all kinds of children.He was always very compassionate towards the less fortunate children.

Q: What is your favorite memory during HIStory World Tour?

At the beginning of the tour in Prague, I think he wanted me to photograph on the stage while he was singing "Heal the World." I was scared up there in the spotlight with so many fans in front of me, my knees were shaking . Also I enjoyed meeting fans around the world while traveling with him. I must say that I met many fine young men. Michael would not have been who he was, if not all the wonderful fans who adored him so much. Being next to the King of Pop to visit hospitals and orphanages was something especially appreciated.

Q: How many photographic reports did with Michael Jackson?

I'm not sure how many were, I know there were many. Some special calendars for Sony and other announcements. He also wanted to take pictures with children before each concert.
I also remember you told us that Michael had a surprise for fans at the concert in Milan on June 18, 1997: The photo of the hands of Michael and Prince on the screens of the stage.

Q: Michael decided to do this? What did he say?

He said it was one of the most special photos he had taken of him and Prince. I captured his hand taking the hand of Prince and he told me that he liked it so much he wanted to show the fans in Milan . It is one of my favorite too. Michael does not even appear, only his hand protecting Prince.

Q: What picture of Michael do you feel most proud of?

There are many photos that I like, but one I took during a rehearsal in Los Angeles which was published in a special Laurent Hopman - Captain Eo Productions (program memory HIStory World Tour - Limited Edition). Michael is at center stage and all the dancers around with different poses, rehearsing. looks like a painting. Michael really liked this photo also. All dressed in casual clothes . I have no copy of this negative image because I gave all to Michael.

Q: Why does it sometimes take three cameras at the same time, Michael wanted some special pictures? It also seemed that he took more photos of fans than him ...

I remember that he wanted every moment of his life to be saved Sometimes he wanted a black and white and the other two cameras were color photos. Today, with digital technology, you can convert the color black and white with no problem, but with the old negative it was more complicated. also had three different types of lenses, so I could shoot quickly without having to change them. After a first selection on my part, Michael chose his favorite, he had good taste tp select the photos! And Michael was delighted to see the photos of his fans. They were very important to him.

Q: How did you hear of his sudden death, what was your reaction?

I saw it on TV. I was very, very sad. I felt so sorry for starting so early. However, I know you're up there shining like a star. Every time I see a clear sky at night I see Michael.

Q: Have you seen the movie Michael Jackson This Is It? can you comment on that?

My wife bought me the DVD. I've only seen parts of it and I grieved so Michael's death that I could not keep watching. Maybe one day I will see it to the end

Q: What are your plans for the future John Isaac?

I am finishing a documentary about myself as a photographer in Japan I've been documenting on the survivors of the recent tsunami.While I was in Japan I met some of Michael's fans who were very friendly. In addition, Kodak House is preparing a permanent collection of my photographs in their museum. Unfortunately, I have no footage of what I took of Michael on tour or with Michael's baby. I gave them all to his managers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

John Isaac talks about Michael
Page 1 of 1