Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis Presley

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyMon Jun 13, 2022 5:16 am

Riley Keough, Lisa Marie Presley and Priscilla Presley Warner Bros. Special Screening of ELVIS, Memphis, TN, USA - 11 June 2022

Elvis Presley 20220612-220418
Back to top Go down
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 5:59 am

Lisa Marie Presley and Riley Keough Say Elvis 'Brings Up Such Generational Trauma — In a Good Way'
Lisa Marie Presley and Riley Keough opened up about Baz Luhrmann's Elvis, in theaters Friday, on Good Morning America
By Jen Juneau
June 21, 2022 12:23 PM

Lisa Marie Presley and Riley Keough are opening up about the layered feelings Baz Luhrmann's Elvis is bringing up in their family.

In a preview of their sit-down with ABC News' Chris Connelly from Exclusively Elvis: A Special Edition of 20/20, airing in full Tuesday night, the mother-daughter duo raved about the upcoming drama, starring Austin Butler as Lisa Marie's father and Keough's grandfather, the late Elvis Presley.

"And Riley, 5 minutes in, was already like, 'I'm done.' She was already crying and I was crying," she added.

Said actress and filmmaker Keough, 33, "It was really intense. As a film, it's just an exceptional film."

Lisa Marie and her daughter's comments come days after GMA aired an interview with Priscilla Presley about the movie. Priscilla, 77, was joined by Olivia DeJonge, who plays her in Elvis, to talk about the experience of watching her life unfold on screen.

"I'm sitting there watching this movie and going, 'God, I wish he could see this,' " Priscilla said of the film and how she thinks her late ex-husband would react to it. "It was perfection."

The pair talked about a moment in the movie when Priscilla asks Elvis to go seek treatment for his "drug dependency," with Priscilla saying the scene brought back "memories."

"It was getting more and more frightening as time went by where he just was like, rebelling," she recalled.

Priscilla also praised 30-year-old Butler's performance as the late rock-and-roller, who died in 1977.

"Austin was just unbelievable," she said. "As I was watching it, actually, I was going, 'Wow, this is a movie that [Elvis] would have really loved.' Showing who he was, what he was striving for, what his dreams were."

Priscilla said that while it is "strange" to have someone playing her, she was happy with the performance given by DeJonge, 24.

"I'm so happy that she was sensitive and that she was caring and that she was a little strong with him as well, and you know, I thought she did a really, really nice job, I was pleasantly surprised," Priscilla admitted.

Exclusively Elvis: A Special Edition of 20/20 airs Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET on ABC.

Elvis is in theaters Friday.

https://people.com/movies/lisa-marie-presley-riley-keough-say-elvis-movie-brings-up-generational-trauma-in-a-good-way/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=62b1f198892b0a0001d8c754

Back to top Go down
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:08 am

Elvis Presley 59355831-10938589-image-a-90-1655834358713
Back to top Go down
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:09 am

Elvis Presley 59355819-10938589-image-a-92-1655834618235
Back to top Go down
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:11 am

Elvis Presley 59355827-10938589-image-a-91-1655834589559
Back to top Go down
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 1:48 am

25 Jan 2023, 04:32

Elvis star Austin Butler has admitted his Oscar nomination is tinged with sadness following the death of Lisa Marie Presley. 

The Hollywood star played the iconic King of Rock and Roll in Baz Luhrmann’s 2022 biopic, and received his first Academy Award nod on Tuesday (24th January) for Actor in a Leading Role. 

The nominations come just a week after Elvis’ only daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, passed away aged 54, and Austin attended her memorial service over the weekend

After waking up to the news of his nomination, the American actor called into US breakfast show Today with Hoda & Jenna to chat about his Oscars recognition, and his sadness at not being able to celebrate with Lisa Marie. 

He said: “It’s sort of a bittersweet moment right now because I think of how much I wish she was here right now to get to celebrate with me.
“It’s the same thing I feel with Elvis; I wish that they could see these moments, you know? It’s just sort of strange to celebrate at a time of such deep grief. But I sort of think of it as a way to honour her. This is for her.”

The nominations come just a week after Elvis’ only daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, passed away aged 54, and Austin attended her memorial service over the weekend

After waking up to the news of his nomination, the American actor called into US breakfast show Today with Hoda & Jenna to chat about his Oscars recognition, and his sadness at not being able to celebrate with Lisa Marie. 

He said: “It’s sort of a bittersweet moment right now because I think of how much I wish she was here right now to get to celebrate with me.

“It’s the same thing I feel with Elvis; I wish that they could see these moments, you know? It’s just sort of strange to celebrate at a time of such deep grief. But I sort of think of it as a way to honour her. This is for her.”

Just days before her death, Lisa Marie had praised Austin’s portrayal of her late father at the Golden Globe Awards, where Austin won the prize for Best Actor in a Drama. 

https://virginradio.co.uk/entertainment/91878/austin-butler-calls-elvis-oscar-nomination-bittersweet-after-lisa-marie-presleys-death
Back to top Go down
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 5:58 am

Austin Butler Pays Tribute to Lisa Marie Presley Following BAFTA Win: ‘It’s Been a Really Unimaginably Tragic Time’

Elvis” star Austin Butler has paid tribute to Lisa Marie Presley following his BAFTA win for Best Actor on Sunday evening.

“It’s been a really unimaginably tragic time, you know, and grief is a long process,” Butler said in the winners’ press room following his win. “And so my heart and my love was with [the Presley family] always. I feel honoured to have been welcomed into the family. It’s a bittersweet time.”

Butler also expressed how lucky he felt to portray the legendary singer, a thought that often crossed his mind while he was making the film. “How lucky I was to get to have that experience,” he said. “The feeling of standing on an international stage and looking out and looking down at the jumpsuit that I was wearing and realizing there were certain moments where I was seeing the closest thing to what Elvis would have seen during his ’68 Special or whatever that was and I miss it a lot. I miss that experience.”

“I don’t miss the terror,” he added. But I felt every day that the elation that you feel with that. And I miss the people that I got to make the film with, they became completely like family to me. I really miss them a lot.”

When asked what he projects had coming up next, Butler cited Denis Villeneuve’s “Dune: Part 2” and “The Bikeriders,” in which he stars alongside Tom Hardy.

“But right now I’m unemployed,” he said. “Which is exciting because it means that I get to go on vacation after March.”

Butler is also nominated for an Academy Award, with the ceremony set to take place on March 12.

https://variety.com/2023/film/global/austin-butler-lisa-marie-presley-bafta-best-actor-1235529097/
Back to top Go down
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyTue Feb 28, 2023 3:15 am

Austin Butler Reflects on ‘Elvis’ Journey, How He Learned to Embrace Auditions and Early Acting Years: ‘I Was Cripplingly Shy’

In November, Austin Butler was in Cincinnati on the set of Jeff Nichols’ film, “The Bikeriders.” He was shooting a scene with co-stars Tom Hardy and Michael Shannon that involved Shannon delivering a two-page monologue. Butler found himself lost in the moment, watching his fellow actor. “Jeff called cut and Mike walks away,” Butler recalls. “And Tom turns to me goes, ‘It doesn’t get any better than that.’”

Butler says Hardy was referencing Shannon’s performance, which he says, “wasn’t even watching an actor, it was watching a human being living in front of you.” 

The 31-year-old actor could also be referring to the past year of his life, which found his career launched from roles in shows including “Zoey 101” and “The Carrie Diaries” into a bona-fide, world-famous movie star thanks to his turn in Baz Luhrmann’s “Elvis.” And not just any movie star, but the kind of old-school throwback to a Golden Age that is becoming rarer and rarer in Hollywood where his talent is as recognized as his star quality.

“I got to be honest, I just feel so fortunate,” Butler says of the whirlwind months since “Elvis” premiered at the Cannes Film Festival to a rapturous response in May before hitting theaters in June when it took in close to $300 million at the box office. 

If there was any doubt of the love for the film and his performance, industry screenings and events are still packed full despite the film being available on HBO Max and other platforms.
Since then, Butler has won a BAFTA and a Golden Globe Award, been nominated for both a SAG Award and an Oscar, hosted the Christmas episode of “Saturday Night Live” and filmed a role in the hotly anticipated “Dune: Part Two.” 

By now, Butler’s story of landing the life-changing role of Elvis Presley is fairly established. How he pursued the part, working with movement, dialect and singing coaches just for the audition. How a major turning point occurred one late night when he was thinking about his mother, who, like Presley’s, died when he was in his 20s. In a bathrobe, Butler sat down at a piano and recorded himself singing “Unchained Melody” in honor of her. He had already sent one audition to Luhrmann but his agent urged him to send this one as well, and it was that video that caught the director’s eye. How a five-month process took place before he landed the role. And then how production was shut down right before filming due to the COVID pandemic, but Butler stayed in Australia to work on the role.

Also discussed at length have been his meticulous preparation for the part, as has his deep affection for Presley’s ex-wife, Priscilla Presley, and daughter, Lisa Marie, who passed away just hours after Butler won the Golden Globe. Even today, weeks later, Butler still seems to be struggling to comprehend it. 

“She had the greatest laugh,” Butler says. “The greatest, warmest and most honest laugh — she wasn’t putting it on. You felt terrific when you made her laugh.”

So Variety wanted to talk to Butler about some other topics — about how he’s handled rejection on the long road to “Elvis,” some of his favorite moments of the past year and one adorable canine co-star. 

The audition process for “Elvis” lasted five months. Were there periods of time when you assumed it wasn’t happening, that they had gone with someone else?
From the start I knew Baz doesn’t just do auditions, he does workshops. So I knew it would be a process. I was able to keep my head down and concentrate on the work and try not to get too invested in thinking of it as my part. 

I learned so much during that time — like the day of the screen test. He changed everything that day and rewrote the scenes I thought I was going to do. I had prepared this one scene and he said, “We don’t have time, we’ve got to get somebody else in here to screen test right after you. So we have to get you through.” And I felt suddenly like it wasn’t mine. But then the thing I realized about Baz, and acting in general, is that you really do your homework and then you can change it up. And sometimes things end up happening you didn’t expect and even if it’s not this perfect thing you had imagined when you were working on it in your bedroom, you find something new and exciting. 

https://variety.com/2023/film/actors/austin-butler-elvis-auditions-1235535002/
Back to top Go down
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyThu Aug 17, 2023 4:43 am

Elvis Presley ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Elvis Week 2023: Fans honor Lisa Marie, now joined with father, at annual candlelight vigil

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) - The annual candlelight vigil for Elvis Presley is going on at Graceland.

Thousands of fans of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll are making the walk on the grounds up to his final resting place. The candlelight vigil is a free event and the ceremonial centerpiece of Elvis Week.

Sadly, this year, Elvis is joined by his daughter Lisa Marie, after she passed away in January.

The candlelight vigil begins at 8:30 p.m. and is expected to last into the early hours of Wednesday morning.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2023/08/16/elvis-week-2023-fans-honor-lisa-marie-alongside-father-annual-candlelight-vigil/
Back to top Go down
ross

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley EmptyThu Aug 17, 2023 4:47 am

Elvis Week: Thousands of fans honor the King and Lisa Marie Presley at Candlelight Vigil

A bright patch of yellow dominated a central portion of the folded pleat of several thousand Elvis fans that formed Tuesday night outside the gates of Graceland, in anticipation of the 45th annual Candlelight Vigil procession to the Elvis Presley grave on the south side of the mansion.

From a closer vantage, the yellow was revealed to be a cluster of matching T-shirts worn by a couple dozen members of the Elvis Matters fan club of Belgium and the Netherlands. Each shirt bore the slogan: "It's Very Cool To Be An Elvis Fan."

The premise had a double meaning Tuesday night: The temperature was an extraordinarily pleasant 72 degrees as the fans with lighted candles began the slow, stately hike to the Meditation Garden on the south side of the mansion where Elvis and other members of the Presley family are interred. The weather was a comfort on an evening when the Presley faithful were mourning not just the King of Rock 'n' Roll but the singer's only child, Lisa Marie Presley, who died Jan. 12 at 54 and whose grave is located opposite her father's.

Sarah Bullock, 21, of Jackson, Tennessee, placed a small sign honoring what she called Lisa Marie's "badass attitude" by the grave. Crafted by Bullock, the sign bears a collage of cut-out Lisa Marie portraits around the block letters "LMFP," which stands for "Lisa Marie [profanity] Presley," a phrase Elvis' daughter used in an interview.

"I love her music," said Bullock, who met Lisa Marie days before her death, at the Jan. 8 public celebration at Graceland of what would have been Elvis' 88th birthday. In fact, the loudspeakers outside Graceland on Tuesday played some recordings by Lisa Marie prior to the vigil, breaking an all-Elvis-music tradition.
Dava Asker of Glen Ellen, California, had attached to her purse a fan-made button featuring a photograph of Lisa Marie and the words: "Rest in Peace Sweet Soul!!" Dava, 13, also had been at the Elvis birthday party in January, so the news of Lisa Marie's death was "almost unbelievable."

Like Bullock, Dava was not just young but a newcomer to Elvis fandom who was converted by exposure to the Baz Luhrmann-directed biopic "Elvis," in the summer of 2022. Inspired by Elvis' style, which Dava says took him to "a different place," Dava has adopted a 1960s look: For the vigil, she wore a vintage-type hairdo and an actual vintage pink dress, along with vintage shoes, vintage earrings, a vintage necklace, vintage bracelets, four vintage rings, and the aforementioned vintage purse.

This was not just vigil fashion: "She dresses like that every day," said her mother, Brandy Asker, 42. At school, this distinctive look draws "mixed reactions," Dava said: "Some people don't understand, but some it makes happy. I like that it makes some people happy."

Said Brandy: "Elvis gave her the confidence to do this."
The emotional climax of Graceland's so-called Elvis Week remembrance of the life and legacy of Elvis Presley (this year's "week" featured nine days of concerts, panels and other activities), the Candlelight Vigil marks the anniversary of the Aug. 16, 1977, death of the King of Rock 'n' Roll at the age of 42. Originally organized for a few Elvis fans before it grew into a major Graceland-backed event, the vigil generally attracts thousands of people from around the globe.

Donna Galloway of Long Beach, Mississippi, said that although the vigil itself is a solemn affair, the trips to Memphis are joyful opportunities to bond with likeminded people over a shared appreciation of Elvis' talent and personality.

"I've made so many friends, from all over the world," said Galloway, 56, a fan since age 5 (when she saw the "Aloha from Hawaii Via Satellite" special on TV). She said this was her 17th trip to Memphis for the vigil. "I've loved every minute of it."

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/entertainment/2023/08/15/elvis-week-2023-candlelight-vigil-graceland-memphis-lisa-marie-presley/70528360007/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Elvis Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elvis Presley   Elvis Presley Empty

Back to top Go down

Elvis Presley
Page 1 of 1