Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lisa Marie's heavenly birthday

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

Lisa Marie's heavenly birthday Empty
PostSubject: Lisa Marie's heavenly birthday   Lisa Marie's heavenly birthday EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 7:10 am

February 2024

Graceland Debuts 'Amazing' Expanded Lisa Marie Presley Exhibit on Her Birthday
The expanded exhibit features never-before-seen childhood items, music memorabilia, clothing, and photos

By Ingrid Vasquez and Brianne Tracy  Published on February 1, 2024 10:00AM EST

Lisa Marie Presley is being remembered on what would've been her 56th birthday.

Elvis Presley's iconic Memphis mansion, Graceland, opened a newly expanded exhibit featuring some of Lisa Marie's never-before-seen childhood items, music memorabilia, clothing, and photos on Thursday.

The Lisa Marie: Growing Up Presley exhibit was closed for the latter half of January in preparation for the unveiling.

Now, fans can see yearbooks, school photos, report cards that belonged to Lisa Marie, her wallet from the late 1980s and some of the framed pictures she had displayed in her home.

Also available for viewing are displays of 45 of her outfits, including the one she wore at the 2023 Golden Globe Awards, which marked her last public appearance.

Memorabilia from Lisa Marie's music career include tambourines she used, her gold record for 2003's To Whom It May Concern and the handwritten lyrics for the song "Weary" from her 2012 album Storm & Grace.

"Lisa was born in Memphis and had always called Graceland home. I remember her first seeing a quote from her dad from the original exhibit that said she was the greatest thing that had ever happened to him, and her reaction will forever be etched into my brain. I know y'all will enjoy this amazing, expanded exhibition as much as she did," Weinshanker said.

Lisa Marie died at age 54 on Jan. 12, 2023, and was the only daughter of Elvis and Priscilla Presley.

On the anniversary of Lisa Marie's death, her daughter, Riley Keough, shared a sweet throwback image of the two sitting next to one another on Instagram, with "I love you" as the caption.

Keough is honoring her mom by working as a collaborator on her unfinished memoir, which she began working on before her death and will be released in October.

"She had been working on it for I want to say three or four years and it's just something I felt that I needed to do for her and help her complete that project. It's very bittersweet and I am happy to do that for her. I feel honored to be able to help," Keough told Variety at the 2023 Emmy Awards.

The opportunity to work on the memoir and narrate its audiobook is something Keough said in a statement has been a "privilege."

"Few people had the opportunity to know who my mom really was, other than being Elvis's daughter. I was lucky to have had that opportunity, and working on preparing her autobiography for publication has been a privilege, albeit a bittersweet one," said Keough.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ross

Lisa Marie's heavenly birthday Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lisa Marie's heavenly birthday   Lisa Marie's heavenly birthday EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 7:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Lisa Marie's heavenly birthday
Page 1 of 1