Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Priscilla Presley

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptySun May 23, 2021 4:43 am

Priscilla Presley 20210522-213731

Priscilla Presley
@Cilla_Presley

Thankfully things are finally opening up and Graceland is one of them! I'm pleased to announce that I will be in Memphis for Elvis week August 11-17. I will be making special appearances at Elvis in Concert… https://instagram.com/p/CPJQAHQriZJ/?utm_medium=share_sheet
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptySun May 23, 2021 4:47 am

Elvis Presley: Why Graceland Changes When the King’s Daughter Lisa Marie Presley Visits

written by Anna Dunn
May 22, 2021

Elvis Presley’s old estate, Graceland, changes things up when his daughter comes to visit. Elvis’s daughter, Lisa Marie, spent the first nine years of her life living with Elvis on the famous property. The star left the mansion to his daughter after he passed. In 1982, the home opened up for tours.

Graceland functions as a museum of sorts but will always hold a special place in Lisa Marie’s life, so needless to say, changes need to be made when she comes to town. In a virtual live tour, archivist Angie Marchese discussed Lisa Marie and her family. The family may come to stay in town, but they don’t stay in the home.

“The family…do not stay here at Graceland but they do come here and visit,” she said during the live tour.

Graceland Makes Some Changes Before Family Comes to Town

So what changes to the staff at Graceland actually make? Well first, they bring out the china.

“They don’t use Elvis and Priscilla’s china,” Marchese said, “We do have new china which we’ve purchased for Lisa to use when she’s here.”

She revealed that the China is located in Elvis’s Aunt Delta’s old drawers, which are in her old bedroom right next to the kitchen.

Second, they set up more table space. They set up two tables in the home’s dining room so the family can eat together. Lots of the changes are to both preserve the home while allowing Lisa Marie and her family to visit.

Finally, any kind of tourist attraction often has safety measures in place to prevent tourists from harming or taking things. For Graceland, a large piece of plexiglass rests over the oven to prevent tourists from touching or taking the knobs.

When family comes to town, however, they take the plexiglass off and even turn the stove on.

“We do take the plexiglass off whenever Lisa’s here because all of this still works. And when Lisa’s here and has dinner here at the house, we flip the switch and turn all of this on,” she said in the tour.

Elvis’s Widow, Priscilla, To Return To Graceland Soon

Graceland will have to make changes soon, as Priscilla Presley, Elvis’s widow, is returning to Graceland for “Elvis Week” in August.”Elvis Week” is a series of Elvis-related events hosted by Graceland. It always takes place around the anniversary of Elvis’s death on Aug. 16, 1977.

Every time Elvis’s family comes to visit, Graceland seems to find a way to preserve history while making the famous mansion feel more like home, keeping family happy and history alive.

https://outsider.com/news/entertainment/elvis-presley-graceland-changes-when-kings-daughter-lisa-marie-presley-visits/
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 7:03 am

Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyFri Feb 18, 2022 7:44 am

Priscilla Presley's Son Navarone Garcia Marries Elisa Achilli: 'Can't Imagine Life Without Her'
The couple were married at the Schloss Hünigen hotel in Switzerland on Tuesday with his mother in attendance
By Stephanie Wenger
February 15, 2022 07:05 PM

Navarone Garcia is a married man!

The son of Priscilla Presley wed his fiancée of over a year, Elisa Achilli, at Schloss Hünigen hotel in Konolfingen, Switzerland on Tuesday.

"I never thought I would find a counterpart that is so understanding and supportive," the frontman of Them Guns, 34, told PEOPLE exclusively. "She makes everything we do effortless, and I can't imagine life without her."

Achilli, 22, added, "Navarone is truly the most genuine, sweet and sensitive man I have ever known and I'm so lucky that after four years of long-distance, we can start our life together as husband and wife."

Garcia and Achilli — who wore an Anastasia Bull gown — were married in an outdoor ceremony attended by family and friends including his mother. Following the ceremony, well-wishers tossed multi-colored flower petals into the air.

"They've been together for four years and we've all have been waiting patiently for this day," she shared.

Jerry Schilling, a talent manager and longtime friend of Elvis Presley, also watched the festivities via Zoom.

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free weekly newsletter to get the biggest news of the week delivered to your inbox every Friday.

"SHE SAID YESSSS!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!! #Engaged #MERRYCHRISTMAS #happyholidays," he wrote alongside an image of her engagement ring on Instagram.

Garcia is the son of Presley and her ex-husband Marco Garibaldi, whom she divorced in 2006.

https://people.com/music/priscilla-presley-son-navarone-garcia-marries-elisa-achilli-wedding-photos/?utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=620c40649e8a830001d50e2e
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyWed May 11, 2022 7:18 am

Priscilla Presley 20220511-001225
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyWed Jun 22, 2022 6:12 am

Priscilla Presley 59355827-10938589-image-a-91-1655834589559
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyTue Jan 24, 2023 5:53 am

Priscilla Presley Inconsolable Following Daughter Lisa Marie’s Untimely Demise? Here’s The Truth

Priscilla Presley Inconsolable Following Daughter Lisa Marie’s Untimely Demise? Here’s The Truth

Priscilla Presley is reportedly struggling to cope with her daughter Lisa Marie Presley’s untimely death.
New Idea, in its Jan. 30 issue, claimed that Priscilla has been inconsolable since her daughter’s passing. And those close to her are worried that her health would deteriorate.
“Priscilla is inconsolable but she knows she has to pick up the pieces for Lisa Marie’s girls. It’s a lot to deal with for someone Priscilla’s age, but she insists she’s up to the task. Really, she doesn’t have a choice,” the source said.
The insider also claimed that Lisa Marie was going through a lot emotionally before she passed away. At the age of 9, she lost her dad, Elvis Presley, to a heart attack. At the time, the superstar was just in his 40s.
According to the source, even though it’s been years since Elvis died, Lisa Marie never really recovered from it.
Throughout her lifetime, Lisa Marie has also dealt with a series of failed relationships.
“Out of everything that happened to Lisa Marie in her short 54 years, the hardest thing was losing Benjamin. She fell apart completely. Priscilla fears she ultimately died of a broken heart,” the source said.
Following her death, Priscilla and Lisa Marie’s entire family decided to bury her in Graceland, where Elvis’ remains also lie. According to reports, Lisa Marie inherited the property from her dad in 1993 after she turned 25 years old.
After her death, the Graceland property will now be passed on to Lisa Marie’s three kids.
While it is true that Priscilla is still dealing with the death of her daughter, it is also important to note that she has been very resilient through it all. Even though it’s common knowledge that losing a loved one is very difficult, this is something that she has experienced decades ago after her husband died.
There is also no proof that Priscilla thinks Lisa Marie died of a broken heart. After all, this is a claim that cannot be proven just like that. And just days ago, Lisa Marie’s cause of death was finally released.
But according to CNN, the investigation and results gathered by the person that performed an autopsy on her decision to defer the announcement.
“There are things on an initial autopsy, trauma, stroke, significant infections, blood clots, pulmonary embolism. If you see those and they’re obvious within the initial physical autopsy, they may come back with a cause of death. But there are things that are deferred,” Dr. Sanjay Gupta said.
https://www.trendradars.com/article-1618471-priscilla-presley-inconsolable-following-daughter-lisa-maries-untimely-demise-heres-the-truth
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyTue Jan 31, 2023 2:31 am

Priscilla Presley 20230105
Priscilla Presley 20230104
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyWed Feb 08, 2023 7:23 am

PRISCILLA PRESLEY HANGING OUT WITH BAM MARGERA
2/7/2023 4:09 PM PT

In what many may consider a bizarre pairing, Priscilla Presley has ties to the 'Jackass' world -- in none other than the troubled Bam Margera.

Elvis' ex-wife -- and the mother of the late Lisa Marie Presley -- posed for some casual snaps posted Tuesday with the former skateboarder-turned-stuntman ... who's been on a downward trend lately in his personal life. BM posted two photos he'd taken with Priscilla.

In both, it seems they're just hanging out at someone's house. For the first IG, Bam simply wrote ... "Lunch with prescilla Presley." Didn't quite get the spelling right -- but no harm, no foul we suppose.

The second caption read, "Priscilla Presley watching Phoenix the wolf." You can see PP staring at something and Bam looking on with glee -- it's unclear if she's checking out a photograph or a screen, but he's suggesting she's taking a gander at his 5-year-old son, Phoenix Wolf Margera.

While this appearance together might seem like it's coming out of nowhere, it's not really ... Bam's actually friends with Lisa Marie's half-brother -- and Priscilla's son -- Navarone Garcia.

Of course, seeing Bam with Priscilla during such a tumultuous time in both of their lives is a little worrisome -- at least on its face. As we've reported ... Priscilla is challenging a trust LMP had tinkered with before she died, putting daughter Riley Keough in charge instead of her.

Meanwhile, Bam's been accused of falling off the wagon in his own sobriety battle.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/07/priscilla-presley-hangs-out-bam-margera/?_gl=1*ny155*_ga*cWNTYm9kb2lyaVpSM1RqUHU1Y2dNbGtMREtoQ2gwaXpLWFdrdE05UVJRVUI3Y3BMcVJiNWQ4aGRYZ3dlekhsZQ..
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyFri Feb 17, 2023 7:05 am

Priscilla Presley Denies Giving Elvis Items to Bam Margera, Says Photos Are 'Accompanied by False Information'
Priscilla Presley issued a statement addressing claims the former Jackass star has made about their recent time spent together

Published on February 14, 2023 10:48 PM

Less than a week after the two spent time with Presley's 35-year-old son, Navarone Garibaldi Garcia, Elvis Presley's ex-wife put out a statement about the Jackass alum, 43, in which she said he betrayed both her and her son by circulating photos "accompanied by false information and storytelling."

"When I was asked by my son to have a 'new friend' come over for a visit, I had no idea who he was or that later he would choose to post photos and false stories," said the 77-year-old actress in a statement on Tuesday.

"He came over, talked non-stop about his new ventures and personal struggles and asked for a photo with me for his father, who is a big fan," she continued.

Although Priscilla stated that she always welcomes "fans to take photos," she said that Margera filmed inside her home without her consent. She also refuted his previous claims to TMZ that he was gifted items that once belonged to her ex-husband.

"At no time during the visit did I give him anything of Elvis'. I still have everything he ever touched," continued Priscilla. "I would never disrespect Elvis who was the love of my life by giving away anything that belonged to him. I have always protected them for the fans."

Margera had previously told the outlet that he was gifted a robe and a ring that once belonged to the music icon.

"Elvis belonged to all of you, and I cherish my life with him too much to ever squander anything. I do hope this man gets the help he needs and does what is right," said Priscilla, adding that she considers Margera "a dishonest and unstable individual" and wants "no further communication."

Earlier Tuesday, Margera addressed the situation by sharing a post on Instagram in which he said he wanted to "apologize" to Priscilla and her son for his behavior.

https://people.com/music/priscilla-presley-denies-giving-elvis-items-to-bam-margera-photos-false-information/

Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 8:57 am

Priscilla Presley makes FIRST red carpet appearance since the tragic passing of daughter Lisa Marie Presley at Agent Elvis screening in Hollywood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11834029/Priscilla-Presley-makes-red-carpet-appearance-Lisa-Marie-death-Agent-Elvis-screening.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailceleb
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 5:33 am

Priscilla Presley and Lisa Marie were 'barely speaking' at time of her death because mother sided with daughter's ex Michael Lockwood during bitter custody battle for their twins, sources claim

Priscilla Presley and Lisa Marie were 'barely speaking' prior to the latter's death after she sided with her daughter's ex-husband Michael Lockwood during a bitter custody battle over their twins.

Multiple sources told People that the mother, 77, and daughter, 54, were not on speaking terms prior to Lisa Marie's death on January 12 from cardiac arrest, despite appearing at multiple events together, including the Elvis biopic.

Lisa Marie reportedly resented her mother for siding with her ex-husband Michael Lockwood, 61, as the pair battled it out for the custody of their twins Harper and Finley in 2016.

The former couple battled it out in court until October 2022 and the tension trickled down to Lisa Marie's oldest daughter Riley Keough, 33, who's currently locked in a legal battle with her grandmother over her mother's will.

'Riley was always on her mom's side when it came to Michael,' a source told People. 'It bothered her that her grandmother and Michael flew to the funeral together.'

Priscilla also helped Michael wedge his way into the ceremony, despite her late daughter's wishes.

'Michael was not invited,' a close friend of Lisa Marie told the magazine. 'He came to Memphis under the pretense that he had to chaperone the twins - and he forced his way in with Priscilla's help.

'The last thing Lisa Marie would have wanted was for Michael to be there.'

During the custody battle in 2019, Lisa Marie filed an amendment to her living trust, making Riley and her late son Benjamin Keough her heirs, removing Priscilla and her former manager Barry Siegel as co-trustees. Her will contains the rights to the Graceland mansion and a 15 percent stake in Elvis Presley Enterprises.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11836629/amp/Priscilla-Presley-Lisa-Marie-barely-speaking-died.html
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 5:37 am

Priscilla Presley Makes Her Red Carpet Return Nearly 2 Months After Daughter Lisa Marie Presley’s Death

Stepping back into the spotlight. Priscilla Presley made her first red carpet appearance following the death of her daughter, Lisa Marie Presley.
The only daughter of Priscilla, 77, and Elvis Presley died on January 12 at the age of 54 after suffering cardiac arrest. It was only fitting that Elvis — who died in 1977 at the age of 42 — was the reason behind Priscilla’s red carpet return, as she attended the premiere for the Netflix animated series Agent Elvis on Tuesday, March 7.

The series — which Priscilla co-created with John Eddie — follows a fictionalized version of the King of Rock and Roll as he is recruited by the U.S. government to become an undercover spy. Matthew McConaughey voices the legendary singer and stars alongside a stacked cast, featuring Kaitlin Olson, Don CheadleJohnny KnoxvilleNiecy Nash, Tom Kenny, as well as Priscilla herself.
At the Los Angeles premiere, the Dallas alum — who also shares son Navarone, 36, with ex Marco Garibaldi — stated that she hopes the show will help introduce Elvis to “the youth today, wondering why he was so famous and to see him as a hero,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
She continued: “I know that this is a dream come true for Elvis because this is really what he wanted to do. He wanted to be a federal agent, and for me, I’ve always wanted to give Elvis what he wanted and never really quite made it. He was a beautiful human being and a very talented human being, and I want kids to see who he really was in this because he really was, he wanted to be an agent. And now he is.”
Priscilla’s appearance at the premiere comes amid family drama over Lisa Marie’s will. Us Weekly confirmed that she contested her late daughter’s will on January 27, as she and Lisa Marie’s former business manager, Barry Siegel, were replaced as co-trustees in the document in favor of her kids Riley Keough and Benjamin Keough, the latter of whom died by suicide in July 2020.

According to Priscilla’s court filing, obtained by Us, she claims she was never alerted of the trustee change. The New York native also believes that her daughter’s signature on the trustee change is unacceptable, as it allegedly did not match the singer’s writing style. Priscilla is arguing that the switch was an “invalid modification,” as it was allegedly done without witnesses and was not notarized.
Riley, 33, is currently the sole trustee of her mother’s estate. Lisa Marie also shared twin daughters, Finely and Harper, 14, with ex-husband Michael Lockwood.

On March 8, a source exclusively told Us that the Daisy Jones & The Six star often acted as a mediator between her Lisa Marie and Priscilla. “Riley knew there was contention with her mom and grandmother and has always tried to be a bridge between them,” the insider shared. “She’s still doing this even after her mother’s death, but still honoring her mother’s wishes.”
Addressing the will drama, the source continued, “Riley knew she would be the trustee for her mother, so that was no shock. She’s been communicating with her dad and sisters.”
Despite the drama, Priscilla stated that honoring Elvis and Lisa Marie’s memories is her top priority. “I loved Elvis very much as he loved me. Lisa is a result of our love,” she told E! News in a statement on February 3. “For anyone to think anything different would be a travesty of the family legacy and would be disrespectful of what Elvis left behind in his life.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/priscilla-presley-makes-her-red-114117411.html
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptySun Apr 02, 2023 5:56 am

Priscilla Presley leaves diners stunned as she enjoys meal at Glasgow restaurant

Priscilla Presley stunned diners when she enjoyed a meal out popular Glasgow restaurant Murphy's Pakora Bar. She is embarking on her first UK tour for her show, An Evening with Priscilla Presley.

Priscilla Presley left diners and staff stunned as she enjoyed a meal out at a popular Glasgow restaurant.

The former wife of Elvis Presley is currently embarking on her first UK tour for her show, An Evening with Priscilla Presley, with an event planned in Glasgow City Halls on Saturday night. In an intimate conversation with broadcaster Edith Bowman, she will be sharing personal stories from her illustrious career, life, and marriage to Elvis.

Audiences will also be treated to previously unseen footage of Priscilla and Elvis from their time together. The Naked Gun star popped into Murphy's Pakora Bar in Finnieston and posed alongside staff and diners in the popular west end restaurant.

Priscilla Presley left diners and staff stunned as she enjoyed a meal out at a popular Glasgow restaurant.

Sharing photos from her visit, the restaurant wrote: "What an honour hosting @priscillapresley and her team for dinner, one we certainly won’t forget. We would like to mention how lovely each and everyone of you were. We hope you had a lovely evening. Thank you for choosing Murphy’s!"

This tour comes after Priscilla faced heartbreak earlier this year after her daughter Lisa Marie Presley died aged 54. A statement issued to PA read: “Priscilla Presley and the Presley family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Lisa Marie. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time.”

Priscilla is locked in a legal battle with her granddaughter Riley Keough over her daughter's Graceland estate. Priscilla has taken legal action against Riley over Lisa Marie's will, especially over an amendment made in 2016 which made Riley, the sole trustee as opposed to Priscilla and Lisa Marie's former business manager Barry Siegel

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/priscilla-presley-leaves-diners-stunned-29595868?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyTue Jun 27, 2023 9:29 pm

ELVIS PRESLEY STATE OFFICIALS SLAM 'PRISCILLA' ...Ex-Wife Praises New Movie

The upcoming movie on Elvis and Priscilla has enraged some members of the Elvis Estate, who say the flick is a travesty.

Multiple officials connected to the estate tell TMZ, the film, "Priscilla," was produced without the Estate's knowledge or consent ... and they're ripping it as another Priscilla money grab.

The movie is written and directed by Sofia Coppola and its based on Priscilla's famous 1985 memoir, "Elvis and Me," telling the story of their early romance. Jacob Elordi plays Elvis opposite Cailee Spaeny as Priscilla.

One Estate official who saw the film describes Coppla's writing and directing as "horrible," adding "It feels like a college movie. The set designs are just horrific, it's not what Graceland looks like."

Priscilla has a very different take ... she tells TMZ, "I am very excited to see the interpretation of my book by the masterful Sofia Coppola. She has such an extraordinary perspective and I have always been such an admirer of her work. I'm certain this movie will take everyone on an emotional journey."

It sounds like the movie does take the Elvis officials on an emotional journey ... just not a good one.

Money has been a bone of contention with the Presley family lately ... as we reported, Priscilla settled her legal beef with her granddaughter Riley, who paid Priscilla a lot of money -- we're told millions of dollars -- to end her beef over who will control Lisa Marie's trust.

The movie is due out in October ... and it will be interesting to see if moviegoers agree with Elvis estate officials or Priscilla.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/06/22/elvis-presley-estate-officials-slam-priscilla-movie/?adid=social-tw
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyThu Jul 20, 2023 2:45 am

Priscilla Presley said:

“I felt like Michael Jackson used my daughter to boost his flagging career. Lisa Marie never saw him and, usually, didn’t even know where he was.”

https://www.chicagostarmedia.com/candid_candace/priscilla-presley-shares-her-rock-n-roll-fairytale-with-chicago/article_cc4da394-04af-11ee-bade-a7d61bdea136.html
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 5:19 am

Priscilla Presley Addresses Relationship Status With Granddaughter Riley Keough After Estate Agreement

When it comes to where Priscilla Presley stands with granddaughter Riley Keough, suspicious minds can wonder no longer.

After all, there is no bad blood to be found. In fact, just a few weeks after the Daisy Jones & the Six star was named sole heir of her mom Lisa Marie Presley's estate, Priscilla shot down rumors of a strained relationship between her and Riley following her daughter's January death.

"Riley is now the executor, which should be right, obviously, being her daughter," she told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview published August 23. "Riley and I are on good terms. We were never not on good terms. That was all publicity. This is private and this is not something to fool around with and say that we're not agreeing."

In January, Priscilla—who welcomed Lisa Marie with rock ‘n' roll legend Elvis Presley—disputed a 2016 amendment to her late daughter's will which named Riley, along with her halfsisters Harper and Finley Lockwood as well as her late brother Benjamin, as the estate's heirs. A judge ultimately approved Riley as the sole heir to her mother's estate—which includes Graceland—in early August.

And for further proof she and Riley remain on good terms, Priscilla added to THR, "In fact, I'm having dinner with [Riley] tonight. We understand what needs to be done. I'm there for her. She knows that. She wants me there for her to help her." 

https://www.eonline.com/news/1383852/priscilla-presley-addresses-relationship-status-with-granddaughter-riley-keough-after-estate-agreement?taid=64e63907b64dc700014025b2&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyThu Aug 24, 2023 5:30 am

Priscilla Presley Entrusts Sofia Coppola to Tell Her Story: “I Felt She Could Get Me”

In a year marked by personal tragedy and estate drama, Elvis’ famously private ex-wife debuts ‘Priscilla,’ a portrait of her tumultuous marriage directed by a fellow showbiz royal: “Growing up, people are looking at you in a different way.”

Priscilla Presley was trying on clothes in the fitting room of a Beverly Hills boutique when she overheard two women whispering about her. It was the mid-1960s, and Priscilla — who had met Elvis in 1959 when she was 14 and he was 24 — in some people’s eyes was living out the fantasy of every teenage girl in America. She was staying at Graceland while finishing high school, wearing sophisticated clothes and dramatic makeup, and traveling on the arm of one of the most charismatic men in history. Her life was thrilling — and often lonely. “I heard the girl saying, ‘You know who that is? That’s the girl Elvis is dating and they’re getting married,’ ” Priscilla recalls. “ ‘She’s pregnant.’ ” Priscilla was not, in fact, pregnant, she says, and she was just beginning to understand that she, too, was now a public figure, subject to scrutiny and speculation. “I was like, ‘Oh my God, that’s what’s being said?’ ” 

Coppola adapted the script from Priscilla’s 1985 memoir, Elvis and Me, which the filmmaker picked up a few years ago, thinking, “Oh, it would be a juicy, glamorous story,” Coppola says. “But then I was struck by how much I connected with it emotionally. I thought it was just going to be a fun adventure, and I was surprised by how relatable her story was.” As one of cinema’s foremost chroniclers of young female longing — in films from 1999’s The Virgin Suicides to 2003’s Lost in Translation to 2006’s Marie Antoinette — Coppola is, in many ways, the perfect filmmaker for Priscilla’s story. And like Priscilla, the director spent formative years in the whirlwind of a magnetic artist, her father, filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola. “I know from my family what it’s like to be inside a show business family,” Coppola says. “I know that growing up, people are looking at you in a different way. And also living in a house with my dad, this big personality, a great artist and a lot of our life revolving around that. And seeing my mom’s life, how she was trying to find her way within his, I could relate to that,” Coppola says. 

ABOUT LISA MARIE
It’s mid-August, and Priscilla and Coppola are settled in a lounge at Santa Monica’s The Georgian Hotel for an interview that is at times bracingly personal. Seven months earlier, when Coppola’s film was in postproduction, Priscilla and Elvis’ only child, Lisa Marie, died suddenly at age 54 of a small-bowel obstruction. “I did know there was something not right,” Priscilla says of the days immediately before Lisa Marie died. On Jan. 10, the night of the Golden Globe Awards, Austin Butler had just won best actor in a drama for playing Elvis in Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis movie, and mother and daughter went to the Chateau Marmont together after the show to celebrate. “We had just gotten there, you go down all these stairs,” Priscilla says. “I tripped a little bit because I had these high heels on, and she started laughing so hard. I started laughing. We hadn’t even had a drink yet. She goes, ‘Oh my God, Mom, you can’t even have a drink.’ … It was fun, a fun memory. Then we sat down and ordered drinks, and she says, ‘Mom, my stomach hurts really bad.’ We immediately got up and left.” Two days later, Lisa Marie’s ex-husband, actor-musician Danny Keough, called Priscilla and said Lisa Marie was in the hospital. “I got right in the car, but she was already gone,” Priscilla says. “I still can’t believe it. I don’t wish this on any mother.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/priscilla-film-priscilla-presley-sofia-coppola-movie-elvis-1235572034/
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 8:01 am

Lisa Marie Presley dead at 54 after cardiac arrest: ‘My beautiful daughter’

Lisa Marie Presley, a singer and the only child of Elvis and Priscilla Presley, died Thursday. She was 54.

Presley was hospitalized in critical condition after reportedly suffering a cardiac arrest at her Calabasas home Thursday.

She was in an induced coma and on life support with a temporary pacemaker, according to TMZ.

“Priscilla Presley and the Presley family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Lisa Marie,” read a statement to The Post from a rep for the 77-year-old Priscilla.

“They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time.”

Sgt. Sean Maloney of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Office told The Post that deputies responded to a call at the 5900 block of Normandy Drive in Calabasas at about 10:40 a.m. Thursday at the request of Los Angeles County Fire Department. The call involved a female in cardiac arrest.

After a housekeeper allegedly found her unresponsive in her bedroom, Presley’s ex-husband, Danny Keough, who reportedly lives with Presley, performed CPR until paramedics arrived. Rescue workers “administered epinephrine at the scene at least one time in order to help Presley regain a pulse,” a source told TMZ.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/12/lisa-marie-presley-dead-at-54/
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 8:02 am

Before her death, Lisa Marie Presley told Sofia Coppola that she would speak out against "Priscilla" and her mother Priscilla Presley, who is credited as an executive producer and has participated in publicity for the A24 release.

“I will be forced to be in a position where I will have to openly say how I feel about the film and go against you, my mother and this film publicly,” Lisa Marie Presley wrote.

Coppola responded by writing, “I hope that when you see the final film you will feel differently, and understand I’m taking great care in honoring your mother, while also presenting your father with sensitivity and complexity.”

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/lisa-marie-presley-slammed-sofia-coppola-priscilla-script-1235777982/
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 8:11 am

Lisa Marie Presley slammed Sofia Coppola’s ‘vengeful’ depiction of Elvis in ‘Priscilla’ in leaked emails

By Nicki Gostin

Published Nov. 3, 2023, 12:45 p.m. ET

Lisa Marie Presley hated the depiction of her father, Elvis Presley, in the script for Sofia Coppola’s new film, “Priscilla.”‘

Four months before the “Lights Out” singer died of cardiac arrest in January 2023, she emailed Coppola, asking her to reconsider her portrayal of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, according to Variety.

In the messages, the only child of Elvis pleaded with the filmmaker to change the “shockingly vengeful and contemptuous” script, revealing that it would further strain the already fragile relationship with her mother, Priscilla Presley.

The biopic is based on Priscilla’s 1985 memoir, “Elvis and Me,” and follows her courtship and eventual marriage to Elvis, whom she met when she was 14 and he was 24.

My father only comes across as a predator and manipulative,” Lisa Marie reportedly wrote. “As his daughter, I don’t read this and see any of my father in this character. I don’t read this and see my mother’s perspective of my father. I read this and see your shockingly vengeful and contemptuous perspective and I don’t understand why?”

She also begged Coppola to consider the scrutiny the movie would bring upon Elvis’ surviving grandchildren — Riley Keough, Finley Lockwood and Harper Lockwood — as they continued to grieve the loss of their brother, Benjamin Keough, who died by suicide in 2020 at age 27.

Lisa Marie also threatened to make her feelings known publicly.

“I will be forced to be in a position where I will have to openly say how I feel about the film and go against you, my mother and this film publicly,” she reportedly wrote.

Page Six previously exclusively reported that people associated with Elvis were not pleased with the movie, which sees Cailee Spaeny play the young Priscilla Beaulieu, opposite Jacob Elordi’s Elvis role.

Even the casting caused dissent among the Presley camp: Spaeny, at 5’1″, was towered over by Elordi, who is 6’5″ — a full 5 inches taller than the real Elvis.

“The intent was surely to make them feel even more different than they were,” said an Elvis estate source told us last month. “Even down to the casting, you have this huge man and this tiny girl. It feels like somebody wanted to grossly misrepresent Elvis and Priscilla and their relationship.”

The movie’s focus on Priscilla being 14 when she met Elvis was also a source of annoyance, with a source explaining: “Elvis did nothing not within the nature of what Priscilla’s parents were OK with.”

Sources also told Page Six that Lisa Marie was not thrilled with the script for “Priscilla” — and thought that her mother was being manipulated by the filmmakers.

Priscilla, 78, is credited as an executive producer and has participated in publicity for the film, which was opened in limited release on Oct. 27 ahead of its worldwide release on Nov. 3.

When asked for comment by Variety, the “Lost in Translation” director, 52, shared through a rep words she expressed in response to the emails.

“I hope that when you see the final film you will feel differently, and understand I’m taking great care in honoring your mother, while also presenting your father with sensitivity and complexity,” Coppola told the outlet.

An insider claimed to Variety that efforts were made to “tone down” some of the more salacious and shocking elements of the couple’s courtship.

The source added that Coppola’s goal was to tell a “love story” with “the primary tension being Priscilla’s struggles to adapt to life with a global superstar.”

Lisa Marie is believed to have seen an early version of the script that was eventually “trimmed” by about 10 pages.

https://pagesix.com/2023/11/03/entertainment/lisa-marie-presley-slammed-sofia-coppolas-depiction-of-dad-elvis-in-priscilla-script/?_gl=1*1hre3tj*_ga*MTExMjIwMDI1LjE2MDM0MTYzNTg.*_ga_0DZ7LHF5PZ*MTY5OTAzMzk2OS4xMDY1LjEuMTY5OTAzNDI2OS4wLjAuMA..&_ga=2.171069731.2097115450.1696984481-111220025.1603416358
Back to top Go down
ross

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 6:41 am

Priscilla Presley Sued by Self-Titled Company She Co-Created

Tony Ortega
Wed, February 14, 2024, 12:13 PM

Priscilla Presley is being sued by Priscilla Presley, the company. Or, more precisely, the former wife of Elvis Presley is being sued by Priscilla Presley Partners LLC (PPP), which won the first round in a lawsuit filed in October when an Orange County, Florida judge ordered an evidentiary hearing to determine whether the Florida court has jurisdiction over Los Angeles-based Priscilla in PPP’s case.

The lawsuit alleges that in 2022 Presley was broke and sought help from an auctioneer, Brigitte Kruse, who agreed to help her exploit her name and likeness. For several years the two had been developing a relationship as Kruse helped Presley auction off some Elvis memorabilia. But then, the lawsuit says, Presley asked Kruse to take on even more responsibility and the two of them formed PPP in January 2023, with Kruse as majority owner.

The timing seemed good, as Kruse says in her complaint that she helped negotiate the movie project Priscilla, based on Presley's memoir Elvis and Me, which was being produced by A24 and directed by Sofia Coppola. But months later, as the film was about to come out, Kruse alleges that Presley suddenly cut off her and PPP, excluding her from the film premiere and any other opportunity to do business.

Now, PPP is suing Presley for breach of contract in Florida, where PPP was formed, and Priscilla's response is to claim that she is based in Los Angeles and has no real ties to Florida.

Kruse (as PPP’s owner), was successful in convincing Judge John E. Jordan to order an evidentiary hearing, to be scheduled in the next 45 days, and she’s also seeking to submit video of Presley signing the documents creating PPP.

And while that's all being hashed out, Kruse has revealed some interesting details about Presley's financial woes in the meantime.

“It is well known that Priscilla was not a beneficiary of Elvis’ estate,” the lawsuit states, pointing out that Elvis’ daughter Lisa Marie Presley was his primary beneficiary. So, the complaint says, Priscilla has had to rely on her celebrity to make ends meet, and by 2022 she was “facing large liabilities.”

That August, the complaint alleges she asked Kruse to step in, and leave her auctioneer duties to help her full time. Kruse agreed to help Priscilla, and she brought on more help, a man named Kevin Fialko. Once they committed to the job, however, they realized that Priscilla was in a deeper financial hole than they knew.

“Priscilla was approximately 60 days from insolvency. Additionally, Priscilla was faced with nearly $700,000 in unpaid tax debt, with no promise of future income,” the lawsuit says.

The next month, in September 2022, news broke that Coppola was directing a film version of Priscilla’s memoir. PPP claims that Kruse and Fialko took advantage of the news about the upcoming film to help Priscilla crawl out of her financial hole.

In January 2023, they made it formal when Priscilla was in Florida, signing an agreement to create PPP on January 8. Kruse would hold 51 percent of the membership of PPP, and Priscilla would be a minority owner with 49 percent.

“Kruse and Priscilla agreed to form PPP to own, control, develop, protect, and commercially exploit Priscilla's name, image, and likeness,” the lawsuit says. What Kruse and Fialko didn’t know, according to PPP’s lawsuit, was that Priscilla had already sold her right to the name “Presley” to Authentic Brands Group, and so PPP was limited to exploiting her first name.

Also, just days after the agreement was signed, on January 12, Priscilla’s daughter Lisa Marie Presley died, throwing everything into chaos.

Priscilla Presley ‘Weeps’ Over Lisa Marie During Interview With Piers Morgan

A highly publicized dispute ensued, for example, over the fact that in 2016, Lisa Marie had amended the Promenade Trust, which she had received from her father’s estate, and replaced Priscilla with her own children. Priscilla contested this, claiming that Lisa’s signature had been forged, leading to a press frenzy over the apparent battle over Lisa’s money between her daughter Riley Keough and her mother Priscilla.

Some of the media at the time noted the odd detail that Priscilla was filing her petition through her “attorney-in-fact,” a woman named Brigitte Kruse.

That dispute was settled in May 2023, with Priscilla receiving $1 million. And PPP continued to work on exploiting Priscilla's name and image to help her raise money. But in June 2023, a man named Keya Morgan arrived on the scene, saying he was a friend of Priscilla’s and claiming he wanted to help PPP do its work, the lawsuit says.

In August, Kruse was sent a letter from Morgan’s attorney accusing her of misconduct, including trying to sell Priscilla’s house, and demanded that she cease any activity on behalf of Priscilla.

Priscilla herself at that point cut off all contact with PPP or Kruse, and excluded them from the premiere of the Priscilla movie at the Venice Film Festival on September 4. (It opened wide on October 27 to positive reviews, and has made $30 million in worldwide box office—though it received zero Oscar nominations.)

Three days later after the Venice Film Festival premiere, NBC announced that it was producing a special titled “Christmas at Graceland.” Kruse and Fialko were also excluded from this deal or the production.

By this point, Kruse, Fialko, and PPP itself allege they had been frozen out entirely by Priscilla. So PPP is suing, pointing to the agreements that were signed at the beginning of 2023 and alleging breach of contract.

On November 30, Priscilla’s law firm Cozen O’Connor filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit for lack of jurisdiction, saying that Priscilla was a California resident and had no business in Florida. (Cozen O’Connor did not respond to a request for comment.)

Priscilla claimed that Kruse had “targeted” her in California, “and eventually convinced Ms. Presley to allow Ms. Kruse to become Ms. Presley's business manager and trusted advisor.” The motion claims that Priscilla eventually realized that Kruse was “attempting to misappropriate Ms. Presley’s assets and were engaging in other acts of wrongdoing.”

But Priscilla has no real ties to Florida and was a minority owner of PPP, her attorney argues, so the court lacks jurisdiction over her. Still, even Priscilla’s attorney acknowledges that she did go to Orlando in January 2023 to sign the agreements creating PPP.

PPP’s lawyer Kate Saft responded by pointing out that the lawsuit concerns a Florida-based company (PPP) that was formed in Florida by a Florida attorney that Priscilla chose. And the damage done to PPP by Priscilla has affected Kruse in Florida. (Saft responded to an email by saying, “We have no comment at this time.”)

And, to make it even more plain that Priscilla did have more extensive connections to Florida, Saft details in court papers the plans that Priscilla had in 2022 to move there. With her large debts, Priscilla needed to find a way to live more cheaply, and Florida, with its lack of state income taxes and lower housing costs compared to California, seemed like a solution.

The lawsuit alleges that Priscilla engaged a realtor to look for homes, and the realtor personally showed Priscilla a house on January 5, 2023 that reminded her of Graceland. She allegedly wanted a house with a large lot in order to build a studio in an outbuilding.

According to the lawsuit, Priscilla also sought help from Donald Trump’s realtor for finding a property. “[Priscilla] requested information from former president Trump’s assistant, Eliza Thurston,’ regarding Mr. Trump’s realtor, for additional assistance in locating property in the Palm Beach area... The day after meeting former president Trump, Defendant sat in Florida, and formed PPP,” the lawsuit says.

But then, after months of work together, as the Coppola film was about to come out, Priscilla “ceased participation out of the blue,” according to PPP’s complaint. Kruse asked the court, since the two sides were claiming different facts about the matter, to hold an evidentiary hearing to get to the truth.

Judge John E. Jordan did just that, ordering an evidentiary hearing to occur on May 15.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/priscilla-presley-sued-self-titled-161314877.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&tsrc=twtr&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAGmK5Q0Xp0eXZg_wm7swLwjk0HRiLj2qsL8c_tkTQRoLHxN0xGiW_lF9o7srPLKKen0MTo6RXi3XL_7k1vsUlIanHEwBjuz8qNUCBpM5pebe7ceS7satjKIzHODdbwlZRIzHPtydcmC6M57cNSfSlSJ6GsW2L3qrD0HZpoCuQeFy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Priscilla Presley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Priscilla Presley   Priscilla Presley Empty

Back to top Go down

Priscilla Presley
Page 1 of 1