Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elvis's daughter Lisa Marie Presley serves up chips in Rotherfield WRITTEN BY SUSSEX COURIER.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scarlet Admin
Admin
Scarlet Admin

Elvis's daughter Lisa Marie Presley serves up chips in Rotherfield WRITTEN BY SUSSEX COURIER.  Empty
PostSubject: Elvis's daughter Lisa Marie Presley serves up chips in Rotherfield WRITTEN BY SUSSEX COURIER.    Elvis's daughter Lisa Marie Presley serves up chips in Rotherfield WRITTEN BY SUSSEX COURIER.  EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 1:26 am

Elvis's daughter Lisa Marie Presley serves up chips in Rotherfield
WRITTEN BY SUSSEX COURIER.

THE next time you buy a bag of chips in Rotherfield you might want to take a closer look at who is serving you.

Lisa Marie Presley has been wrapping people's chips under the hood of a fish and chip van in the village.

Elvis' daughter, 44, and her guitarist husband Michael Lockwood, have embraced getting involved with local life since moving to Rotherfield two years ago.

Her secret fish and chip role delighted her friends, Kim and Justin Scales, who run the business.

Mrs Scales, also landlady of the King's Arms, said the singer could not wait to don an apron to serve people.

"She likes to see how we live and experience it," she said. "We were laughing because the customers didn't know it was her. She really enjoyed it."

The singer, who next month will release her third album which she wrote at her home in Dewlands Hill, has also joined in a fun run, held in aid of children's hospice Demelza House, in Hever.

Mrs Scales said: "When she first came here she said she wanted to do the run, which her husband and children also took part in. Whatever she says she is going to do, she does it. It was the funniest thing. We all did this run and no one knew who she was."

In a BBC Radio 2 interview this week Ms Presley said she preferred her English neighbours over "self-absorbed" Californians.

She said: "I lived in the same neighbourhood for 17 years and I didn't even know a neighbour. When I moved here I was getting notes and flowers. That's what I love about it. It's simple, it's not flash, it was a quality of life I needed."

When she is not touring or at home looking after twins Harper and Finley, three, she often visits the King's Arms and likes a pint of Guinness.

Mrs Scales said: "Her rich neighbours are confused that she wants to come to the pub. If they go out, they go to fine dining restaurants but Lisa and her husband say they don't know what they are missing.

"When she is in the pub people treat her normally. It's not a big deal, everyone has got used to her. She's really friendly."

Most recently she donated a photograph of her dad at an auction and raised £7,000 for the charity Dream Factory, which was founded by Mrs Scales's friend, Avril Mills. It fulfils the wishes of children with life-threatening conditions or severe disabilities and was set up in memory of Miss Mills's son Ollie, who lost his battle with leukaemia.

Mrs Scales met Miss Mills at hospital when her child Polly East, now 23, was also being treated for leukaemia.

Mrs Scales said: "When Lisa raised money for Dream Factory that was a massive show of friendship. It was such a personal thing to me because of what Avril and I went through."

Ms Presley is now a patron of the charity. Miss Mills said: "We are really delighted and it is a big honour to have her as a patron. She is very proactive and serves cakes to children."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://lisamarieandmichael.forumotion.com

Elvis's daughter Lisa Marie Presley serves up chips in Rotherfield WRITTEN BY SUSSEX COURIER.
Page 1 of 1