Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wildchic

wildchic

Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ Empty
PostSubject: Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ   Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Things life has while we love the couple she didn't.

''Lisa knew I wasn't happy about her marrying Michael Jackson. We had issues over it because of my experience of marrying somebody with that same iconic status and in a strange way maybe history was repeating itself. It's true she grew up in Graceland and then lived with Michael Jackson in Neverland and Michael was like a child and just wanted to have fun all the time. How do you not gravitate to that? But it's not the real world. And maybe she saw something of Elvis in Michael. As her mom though I was concerned as I could see it could be a disaster. At that point, the right thing to do would have been to bite my tongue, but I didn't bite my tongue.''

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by wildchic on Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wildchic

wildchic

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ   Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:20 pm

After Lisa Marie’s marriage to Keough ended in 1994, she famously married singer Michael Jackson, then became embroiled in the first of his two trials on charges of child abuse. The marriage ended after two years, and then six years later she married actor Nicolas Cage, a self-confessed Elvis fanatic. At least one of those marriages must have given Priscilla cause for concern?

‘I’ve thought that with a few, actually,’ she laughs, ‘and she felt the same with me. There were a couple of relationships I was a little taken aback by, but I don’t think I showed it too much.’ Was she at least relieved when her daughter’s marriage to Jackson ended?

‘Well, I don’t want to get into it because we have different opinions and I’d rather keep mine to myself. But he was a wonderful entertainer and a big loss to the world because he was irreplaceable in that sense.’
While Lisa Marie is fond of describing the early relationship she had with her mother as one between ‘oil and water’, it’s telling just how similar their paths became. Both married and had their first child in their early 20s and both married the biggest male singers of their generation.

‘That’s very true,’ says Priscilla. ‘We both married young and Lisa experienced Michael’s fame just as I experienced Elvis’s. You can’t class them as normal people because they come from another''

Back to top Go down
wildchic

wildchic

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ   Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Lisa Marie and Michael

Navigating the more personal stuff is another matter. In 1995, the world watched, aghast, when Lisa Marie acknowledged her sexual relationship with husband Michael Jackson in a freaky televised interview with Diane Sawyer. "Oh, my God," Priscilla moans. "That relationship was the hardest to watch. People have asked me, 'Why didn't you say something?' As a mother, I certainly didn't want to sever my relationship with my daughter or my grandchildren. It had to ride itself out. I was there for her, 100 percent. But I was the last person to say something." This was because she knows her daughter so well: "Lisa's not the type of girl that I could say, 'Don't do this.' If I were to say, 'Don't marry him,' she would look at me and go, 'Well, screw you.' I had to be really delicate about it. Say, 'I know you're going to do the right thing.'"

She did issue a few subtle warnings: "I'd already told her, 'Look at the timing here, he needs you.'" The courting came just after Jackson's child-molestation allegations, which were finally and expensively settled with the accusing boy's family. A marriage to gorgeous female rock royalty was clearly good public relations for the King of Pop. Quietly, Priscilla urged her daughter, "Look for the red flags. Just be careful, honey."

Priscilla had sensed something odd early on, when Lisa Marie was still married to Keough and had just given birth to their second child. Even then, "Michael had an agenda," she says. "He called me while I was still doing Dallas and asked to meet Lisa Marie. It was just when he was getting Neverland [his California estate] together. So Michael is calling, and I was a little bit suspicious." Looking back she realizes the fix was in. "This fit into his big scheme. I mean, Graceland...Neverland? King of Rock...King of Pop? You have to open your eyes."

There was no telling her headstrong baby that maybe Jackson was using her to shore up his crumbling facade. "I didn't want to say too much so she'd run to him. I was biting my tongue, afraid to read the paper, afraid to watch the news. Because there were things he was doing with her [after they were married]. He would show up in Memphis when there was a tribute to her father knowing the commotion he brings. Or he would just disappear. I think she started seeing things as it progressed. But as a mother sitting back, watching that, it's horrifying."

Nothing was worse than sitting through that Diane Sawyer interview: "I was stunned. It was another manipulation. We were meeting in Hawaii at the time, and Lisa was delayed. Last minute, she said she was going to do this interview. We didn't really know what it was about." It was taped, and Lisa arrived in Hawaii in time for the whole family to watch it together. Priscilla says that those red flags were bristling all over the TV screen: "Seeing her sitting there protecting him, looking very defiant and defensive, I knew that the marriage was in trouble. Because she couldn't have gone on like that. Lisa's too outspoken to be so cautious and contain herself that way. I knew she couldn't continue that type of relationship, that's for sure."

And when the credits rolled? "We were stunned. No one said anything."

Lisa Marie left the marriage soon after, and mother and daughter have talked about the disaster a good deal. The brief marriage to Cage last year was, in Priscilla's view, "probably more of that rebelliousness she has in her." But no one in the Presley clan is about to point fingers. Says Priscilla, "I see how she's following in my path of dating and marrying superstars. I think she can probably identify more with me now -- what you have to go through and why it's very difficult."

Back to top Go down
SALMA64

SALMA64

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ   Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 10:34 am

Except that the love between Lisa and Michael was real through the years as between Elvis and Priscilla was just a story of promise of marriage to the colonel beaulieu! Elvis has never been faithful to Priscilla and love many women after her ... On the contrary I think Michael was little wife after Lisa

The story between Michael and Lisa was much more intense and real than Priscilla and Elvis! Priscilla has never been faithful to Elvis while Michael has never deceived Lisa! After the death of Elvis Priscilla has not suffered as much as Lisa in Michael's death. Yes she suffered but less than her daughter ...

I hate sorry Priscilla is a big hypocrite who never given has a chance to Michael and has never wanted to know! I am also an Elvis fan (and less intense than Mike) and it was very difficult to Elvis
Back to top Go down
wildchic

wildchic

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ   Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:19 pm

SALMA64 wrote:

The story between Michael and Lisa was much more intense and real than Priscilla and Elvis!
I believe that though some fans want to give more importance to Priscilla and Elvis.
Back to top Go down
SALMA64

SALMA64

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ   Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:00 pm

bull**** !!! A majority of Elvis fans hate Priscilla but they have a lot of affection for Lisa. Priscilla is a bit** ... it's too long to explain ....

The early history between Elvis and P is beautiful ... for 2 years .... no more ... During Elvis kill himself to concerts Priscilla lived in a nice apartment paid by Elvis with her lover .... So when I see his hypocritical head criticize Michael I want to vomit ... especially after she dared told the death of Michael ...

fortunately Lisa is 100% Presley and not Beaulieu
Back to top Go down
ross

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ   Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:29 am

She explained: "Lisa Marie first got married at 20, and became pregnant at 21 - almost the same age as me. We had a long talk about it, but then she did exactly what she wanted to do. Just like her father!

mrspresleyjackson

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ   Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:47 am

wildchic wrote:
SALMA64 wrote:

The story between Michael and Lisa was much more intense and real than Priscilla and Elvis!
I believe that though some fans want to give more importance to Priscilla and Elvis.
this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ   Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ Empty

Back to top Go down

Priscilla presley's quoes/articles about Lisa and MJ
Page 1 of 1