Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ross

Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale     Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:02 am

'I haven’t slept in four days': Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale (and you can buy Whitney Houston’s passport too)

It has long been known Michael Jackson was leading a traumatic existence before his premature death.
But a newly letter to his former wife Lisa Marie Presley casts even more light on how he was struggling with the pressures of being one of the world's best known celebrities.
The fragile Prince of Pop revealed he had not slept for days and needed to 'take care of my health first' in the document, which has been put up for auction.

In a schoolchild-style scrawl, he wrote: 'I truly need this rest. I haven't slept literally in four days now.
'I need to be away from phones and business people. I must take care of my health first.'
He also told his the lover that he was 'crazy' for her, and signed off under his pet name Turd.
Readers are given a sense of the warmth between the pair during their marriage, which lasted from 1994to 1996, from the letter.

Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  Article-2151888-135B3AB5000005DC-98_468x679

The highly personal message is predicted to fetch up to $1,200 when it goes under the hammer at the Julien's Auctions sale in Beverly Hills next month.
It is one of a host of fascinating items that are up for sale during the two day celebrity memorabilia extravaganza.
Another interesting piece on the list is one of Whitney Houston's old passports.
Given she died just three months ago, some will be wondering if it is too early for such personal items to be on sale.
But money talks in Hollywood, and the early days passport, which was valid from 1979 and expired in 1984, is sure to attract plenty of interest.
Given it is a high profile item, it was never likely to go cheap, and it is expected to make up to $6,000.
It will be a boon for fans of the star, as it is signed by the music idol on the biography page, as well as on the photograph.
It shows she was already well travelled at a young age, as it Includes stamps from Japan, Jamaica, St. Maarten, the Dominican Republic, Curacao, as well as visas from the land of the rising sun and Jamaica.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale     Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:40 pm

A letter Michael Jackson wrote to Lisa Marie Presley — complaining about the problem that ultimately killed the singer — has been yanked from the auction block after Lisa Marie pitched a fit.

Lisa Marie has not said why she wanted the letter pulled, but it’s pretty clear — Michael struggled with sleep deprivation for years until he found a quick fix in the form of Propofol.

As TMZ first reported, Jackson was doctor shopping for Propofol before he hooked up with Conrad Murray.

So Julien’s Auction in Beverly Hills — the same company selling off Elvis’ crypt — has capitulated to Elvis’ daughter. Owner Darren Julien tells TMZ, “I’m assuming it’s a personal nature, and we wanted to honor the request and continue our good relationship with Ms. Presley.”

Mike must have really been goin’ through it. It’s kind of sad to think that he suffered for so long with his health and sleep deprivation as the letter is said to have been written sometime in the mid to early 90′s.

Hit the flip to read Jackson’s mysterious letter in it’s entirety

TMZ

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale     Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:44 pm

Michael Jackson's Letter To Lisa Marie Presley Removed From Auction

Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  Lisa%20Marie%20Presley-AES-070785

Lisa Marie Presley has intervened to stop a letter written to her by ex-husband Michael Jackson going under the hammer at auction.

The note, handwritten by the late superstar, was reportedly penned between 1993 and 1996 and details Jackson's battle with insomnia which ultimately led to his death from a drug overdose in 2009.

The message reads, "Lisa I truly need this rest I haven't slept literally (sic) in 4 days now. I need to be away from phones and business people. I must take care of my health first. I'm crazy for you."

The letter was due to be sold off by Julien's Auction in Beverly Hills, California, but the auctioneers have now removed the item after being contacted by Presley.

Auction house owner Darren Julien tells TMZ,com, "I'm assuming it's (of) a personal nature, and we wanted to honor the request and continue our good relationship with Ms. Presley."

Next month, the auction house will sell off the original tomb of Presley's superstar father Elvis.

The singer's crypt, where he was buried before his remains were moved to his Graceland home in Memphis, Tennessee, will go under the hammer as part of the Music Icons auction, which begins on June 23rd.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale     Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Lisa Marie Presley: Michael Jackson Love Letter Removed From Auction at Ex-Wife's Demand

The auction house specializing in relics of superstars passed, Julien's Auction in Beverly Hills, Calif., has lost a key item in their upcoming Michael Jackson sale, thanks to the late icon's ex-wife, Lisa Marie Presley. The rock offspring has demanded the removal of a desperate letter written to her by Michael during their brief, yet highly publicized marriage. The note details MJ's intense battle with insomnia, which led to his reliance on sleep medication and eventual overdose in 2009.

"Lisa I truly need this rest I haven't slept litterally (sic) in 4 days now," the hand-written note reads, as pictured here on TMZ. "I need to be away from phones and business people. I must take care of my health first. I'm crazy for you. Love, Turd." MJ continued in childlike handwriting, reportedly penned between 1993 and 1996.

The auctioneers have removed the telling letter after a call from Lisa Marie, who was married to Jackson from '94 - '96, during his infamous child molestation trial. "I'm assuming it's [of] a personal nature, and we wanted to honor the request and continue our good relationship with Ms. Presley," auction house owner Darren Julien told TMZ of the request to yank the letter. The "good relationship" includes the sale of Elvis Presley's original tomb next month (June).

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale     Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Lisa Marie Presley asked auction house to pull letter Michael Jackson wrote about being unable to sleep for FOUR DAYS

There are reports that Michael Jackson’s ex-wife, Lisa Marie Presley, has asked a California auction house not to sell a letter that the late singer wrote to her complaining about being unable to sleep.

In the letter, Michael, who died on June 25, 2009 after being administered Porpofol to sleep by Dr. Conrad Murray, said he had not been able to sleep for four days.

The letter reads: “Lisa, I truly need this rest I haven’t slept literally in 4 days now. I need to be away from phones and business people. I must take care of my health first I’m crazy for you Love Turd.”

The letter, which is believed to have been written sometime between 1993 and 1996, was scheduled to be auctioned by Julien’s Auction in Beverly Hills along with Elvis Presley’s crypt, but according to TMZ, Lisa Marie Presley asked the auction house not to put it on the auction block.

Michael and Lisa Marie, who knew each other when they were children, began dating in November 1992.

Twenty days after Lisa Marie divorced her first husband, Danny Keough, whom she had two children with; Elvis’ only child married Michael in 1994.

Lisa Marie filed for divorce in January 1996 citing irreconcilable difference.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale     Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:55 pm

LISA MARIE PRESLEY HAS MICHAEL JACKSON LETTER REMOVED FROM AUCTION

LISA MARIE PRESLEY has intervened to stop a letter written to her by ex-husband MICHAEL JACKSON going under the hammer at auction.
The note, handwritten by the late superstar, was reportedly penned between 1993 and 1996 and details Jackson's battle with insomnia which ultimately led to his death from a drug overdose in 2009.
The message reads, "Lisa I truly need this rest I haven't slept litterally (sic) in 4 days now. I need to be away from phones and business people. I must take care of my health first. I'm crazy for you."
The letter was due to be sold off by Julien's Auction in Beverly Hills, California, but the auctioneers have now removed the item after being contacted by Presley.
Auction house owner Darren Julien tells TMZ,com, "I'm assuming it's (of) a personal nature, and we wanted to honour the request and continue our good relationship with Ms. Presley."
Next month (Jun12), the auction house will sell off the original tomb of Presley's superstar father Elvis.
The singer's crypt, where he was buried before his remains were moved to his Graceland home in Memphis, Tennessee, will go under the hammer as part of the Music Icons auction, which begins on 23 June (12).

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale     Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Deeply Personal Letter Penned By Michael Jackson Pulled From Auction By Lisa Marie Presley

An emotionally raw letter written by the late Michael Jackson that was scheduled to go to auction next month has been removed from the table abruptly this week. The person who stopped it? Jackson's ex-wife Lisa Marie Presley, to whom the note apparently was addressed.

The letter, which seems to have been written in the mid-'90s, was due to be sold off by Beverly Hills-based house Julien's Auctions as part of a "Music Icons" event, and is deeply personal in nature. In it, the King of Pop reveals his longtime struggle with insomnia, which he eventually turned to the drug Propofol to fix; as well as provides insight into the unusual nature of his relationship with Presley.

"Lisa I truly need this rest," the note reads in a uneven scrawl. "I haven't slept litterally [sic] in 4 days now. I need to be away from phones and business people. I must take care of my health first."
Jackson signs off saying "I'm crazy for you," and refers to himself by the nickname "Turd."
In another strange twist, he drew a box at the top of the paper, with an arrow pointing to it and the command "Smell here."
The letter was expected to fetch more than a thousand dollars, but the auction house complied with Presley's alleged request to pull it, telling TMZ "We wanted to honor the request and continue our good relationship with Ms. Presley."

Julien's Auctions is the company which is handling the auction of Elvis Presley's crypt--yet another item that's part of the Music Icons auction, scheduled for June 23-24.
The auction will additionally feature other items from Jackson, including a fedora, signed drawing, and handwritten song lyrics. It also is offering memorabilia from recently passed celebrities such as Whitney Houston (her passport) and Amy Winehouse (the robe she wore in the video for breakout hit "Rehab").

Presley was married to Jackson from 1994-1996. Jackson died in June 2009 as a result of a drug overdose which included Propofol. His attending physician Conrad Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in late 2011.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale     Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Proof from @JuliensAuction that @LisaPresley did NOT leak that letter from #MichaelJackson

Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  Proofs10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale     Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale  Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson’s desperate letter to Lisa Marie goes on sale
Page 1 of 1