Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Marie Presley and Michael Jackson

A real love story! 14th Anniversary

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ross

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012   Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012    Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012   EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Is Oprah Exploiting Paris Jackson For Ratings? (Yes)

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012   Parisoprah

Michael Jackson was a flawed human being in a lot of ways, but one thing he seemed to get right was shielding his kids from the prying eyes of the paparazzi. So why is it suddenly okay to exploit his daughter for publicity?

14-year-old Paris Jackson is set to appear on Oprah Winfrey‘s OWN network this coming Sunday to discuss the loss of her father and her own budding acting career. This seems like a savvy move to revive the network’s flagging ratings, as well as help introduce Paris to the world. In a handshake deal with the devil, Oprah will receive $1,000 for each tear she coaxes the bereaved child to shed into her waiting bosom. Ka-ching!

Am I the only one who finds this super gross? Please excuse my pearl-clutching response, but Michael Jackson’s dying wish was basically that his kids be able to have normal childhoods and grow up outside the spotlight. (You know, the spotlight…that thing that drove him insane and ultimately killed him.) And sure, Paris may be doing this interview voluntarily, but is a 14-year-old really mature enough to be held responsible for her own self-exploitation? I mean, I wanted to do all sorts of dumb shit at age 14, but my parents said no, because that was their job. Step it up, guardians of Paris Jackson.

I think her aunt Janet Jackson needs to take the wheel here, because she’s the only one who seems to have the child’s best interests in mind. As she told Oprah:

“We’ve spoken about the fact that you’re only a child once. I think there’s a time for everything, and now is not the time [to act in films]. I told her I thought she should enjoy being a kid, possibly go to college–or not–but wait till she turns 18. She’s a very tough, smart girl. But it’s a cut-throat industry. I wouldn’t want my child to do it.”

Word.

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012    Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012   EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:03 pm

Paris Jackson Discusses Her Childhood With Oprah Winfrey

It has been almost 3 years since Michael Jackson left us at the age of 50. However, intense interest remains about his life, work, and family--especially his three children. Oprah Winfrey recently visited Jackson's 14-year-old daughter, Paris, for an interview that revealed some details about life with a world-famous parent.

Paris Jackson and Oprah Winfrey
One of the most-discussed Jackson oddities was his habit of covering his children's faces in public. Paris Jackson explained to Winfrey that he was doing it to protect their identity in hopes people wouldn't recognize them when they weren't with their father.

"I was really confused," Paris told Winfrey, confirming that her face was only covered when she was with her dad, not at any other time. "I didn't get why I was wearing a mask, but I understand it now...why my dad would want our faces to be covered. When we went out without him, we wouldn't be recognized and could have a normal childhood."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wildchic

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012    Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012   EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:52 am

Lonely Paris Jackson tweets a picture of her mother Debbbie Rowe and late father Michael Jackson kissing

The tender shot of the late pop star and his ex-wife - they married in Sydney on November 14, 1996 - is labelled; "mommy and daddy!"

Paris Jackson wants a mum, Debbie Rowe claims

Paris, who was interviewed by Oprah Winfrey on her TV show earlier this month and is cared for by her grandmother Katherine Jackson, is the spitting image of her mother, although Paris - as she tweeted on June 17 - is very much for her late dad, who died on June 25, 2009.

"I'm such a daddy's girl hahah ‪#andproud"

Paris admitted to Oprah in an interview last week that she has been a victim of bullying, saying: "[It happens] at school and some people try to cyber bully me. They try to get to me with words, but that doesn't really work."

Last week, the teen tweeted:

"I really do hate having that lonely feeling you get..."

Back to top Go down
wildchic

wildchic

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012    Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012   EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin': Paris Jackson, 14, steps out on cinema date with new boyfriend

Like many teenage girls, Paris Jackson is finding herself interested in boys.
And over the weekend, it looked like the pretty teenager was enjoying a date with a mystery boy.
Michael Jackson's daughter, 14, was spotted going to see the new animated film Brave at the Edwards Cinema in Calabasas, LA, on Sunday.

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012   Article-2164305-13C640E9000005DC-948_634x872

Wearing a checked shirt, grey vest, jeans and Ugg boots, the teen looked comfortable in the company of her date.

More...
Sorry, Billy, but I WAS right to let our 16-year-old daughter sleep with her boyfriend
Girl power! Disney Pixar movie Brave tops US box office with $66.7m in sales
Although she tweeted about the film, she didn't mention her companion during the movie: 'Brave was such a good movie .. i didn't think it would be that awesome but i loved it!!!'
Earlier this year, it was revealed Paris, like most teenage girls her age, had gone 'boy crazy'.

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012   Article-2164305-13C2778E000005DC-37_634x836

Read more here:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012    Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012   Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson's kids after his death/June 2012
Page 1 of 1